19: Welcome To New York

[Author's Note: Keep an eye out for things in bold italics throughout this chapter specifically more towards in the middle/end! They won't be author's notes but sort of narrations? It will make more sense later on!

This chapter (and the next one) I want to dedicate to 2 people who have been waiting for some jenvid fluff ahah. Tal and Rosie (JenAnistonBabe and JENVID on twitter) if you're reading this: thank you for always reading my chapters for this one ily both <33]

"Where are you David?" Courteney asked David over the phone as she's cleaning around her house. They both decided that he would be stopping by that morning; however, he was running a little late which concerned her. David similar to Courteney would be the one to show up a little early and never late.

"Sorry Court, Jen and I went to get our new dog this morning. I'm just turning to your block though so I'll be there in two minutes?"

"Alright, sounds good." She hung up the phone and went upstairs to her room to grab the ring.

Courteney was ever so grateful that David trusted her to keep the ring until he had time to get it. Being one of Jennifer's closest friends she thought it was a nice gesture. As well as seeing how their love story unfolded before everyone's eyes. Looking at the ring box Courteney can't help but think about the proposal. Even she has no details as to how it will happen. Knowing how much of an over thinker David is as well as how he wants everything to be perfect it wouldn't surprise her if he was going to wait a little bit longer.

Hearing the doorbell put Courteney out of her thoughts enough to get David from the front door.

"Well if it isn't future Mr. Aniston himself." Courteney laughed and so did David. "How's the new addition to your family?" Hearing the word family come out of Courteney's mouth made David smile just the slightest.

"She's good. Her name's Dolly, Jen gave her the name I mean it is her present so." David pulled out his phone to show her a picture of the new dog right next to Norman.

"Picture perfect." Courteney swiped through the photos to see one of the two dogs and Jennifer smiling at them. A picture that David took secretly it looks like. "The Aniston-Schwimmer's evolving household." She returned the phone back to David. "Speaking of. Here is the ring." Courteney gave the box. "Don't worry no one saw it get delivered here, David is out filming and this is a fairly quiet neighbourhood anyways so this will be kept a secret."

"I'm not thinking about this getting out Court so don't worry." He took the box.

"So, do you have a plan for proposing or is it something you'll be thinking about after you two get back from New York?" Courteney asked curiously. This question just made David open up just a lot about his plans as to how this will play out.

--

"I asked her dad about proposing." David began to explain to Courteney as the two got into a deeper conversation about the future of the relationship. "John and I spoke about it before here and there but this time was different since I was asking his permission instead of just telling him it's a future plan."

"What did he say?" Courteney asked.

"He said it was about time." David laughed. "He'd been waiting."

They were leaving for New York to be gone towards the end of fifth season of filming, thankfully everything worked out as the production ended earlier than planned. The tickets that Jennifer got them had to get moved a few times since they wanted to go at the same time. Now was the day that they are getting ready to leave their LA home for a month to be in New York. John Aniston came by as he would be the one to look over their house for the first week before Lisa were to take the dogs back to her place.