Five: Realizations

If You See Her by LANY is my song for this chapter!! Mention of a fictional ex boyfriend is in here (but it is brief). TOW Ross Finds Out is used in a flashback! (lmk your favourite roschel moments I have a few ideas in inputting them into the story haha)

Jennifer was in the middle of her sentence when David placed his lips on hers. In shock she didn't know what to do. But, with instinct she just kissed him back and for once it wasn't behind their characters. It was them. Yet this feels wrong to her.

"David no." She broke the kiss. "You can't just kiss me like that for what? Because I just told you how I have been feeling? That's your reaction?" Jennifer just looked at him seeing how disappointed he was with himself already, she toned down her voice. "I didn't say all of this for you to kiss me. I want to let go, just like our characters are doing. It's time."

"And what I don't get to say anything?" It was David's turn to speak this time. He is tired of letting her talk and her voice being the one heard when he hasn't even told her anything. Aside from showing it with the kiss.

"You showed it already with that kiss. And did you forget that you have a girlfriend? The woman you told me months ago that you supposedly love. David, you already have confused me enough as it is."

"Can you please just listen to me. For once, I have let you speak for the past two days. I have let you shun me away and yell and cry. But have you ever asked me what I think?" He was right. Jen let her emotions and her decision get into her mind before hearing him out. But what is there left to say? A rejection? A pat on the back okay I'm sorry?

"What do you want David?"

"One dinner. Tonight."

--

Jennifer reluctantly agreed on one dinner for them to talk about it. She didn't want to, but naïve of her think that admitting her feelings to the person would make this all go away. Like everything is that easy. On the drive home she didn't know what to even think about. It felt like just yesterday when everything wasn't this complicated or frustrating. It was simple. It was simple when she had the feelings of Rachel to hide behind.

"So once David grabs the phone and hears the drunken voice mail from Rachel feel free to do what you want to do for that part. Improv it!" David Crane spoke with Jennifer and David in between takes.

"Well no pressure." Jennifer laughed. "Sounds good David, thanks." He nodded and went back to this position next to the crew behind the cameras.

"This is the easy part you know." Schwimmer nudged Jennifer.

"How is this easy?" Jennifer looked at him.

"Just what would you do if the person you have feelings for found out about how you feel over a drunk voice mail?" David asked her.

Jennifer slowly turned red but she managed to cover it by looking like she's in deep thought by closing her eyes and covering her face. David not knowing that he basically asked her how she would react if he were to find out about her crush over a drunken voice mail. How would she react if that's the case?

"See use that fear." David noticed how fearful Jennifer got all of a sudden.

"More like embarrassment." She took her hands off her face. "But, ok I got it."

David made eye contact with the director as Jennifer walked into Rachel's part to recreate the scene. When it came to improvisation, she got onto David's back which took him by surprise his reaction being as genuine as can be.

"You're over me?"

"Oh god." Jennifer went off David's back and closed her eyes still in character.