9.Visiting the fam and calling Rosey

"We're dancin' on the edge of anxiety's ledge
And I might fall again, I might fall

We're walkin' on a rope of worry and I hope
That I don't fall again, I don't fall"

Surrey, England
Grace's POV

I entered a street that I knew all too well and parked in front of a white house full of plants and flowers at the front

I entered a street that I knew all too well and parked in front of a white house full of plants and flowers at the front. We moved to England when I was 17, Ben was starting college and my dad was offered a job here. It seems like a big house when you first look at it but it was very cosy once you enter, it was obvious that a small family lived there but my mum made sure to hang on every wall photos of my brother and me growing up. I made sure not to park in one of my mum's tulips or else she would kill me.

I got out of the car and knocked on the front door. It felt weird to live in a different house from my parents when they were just minutes away from me, but as soon as I had the possibility of having my own place I didn't doubt it. I knew it would be hard, but I didn't want to worry my parents about my schedule and the normal times that I woke up to compose. The front door opened and I was instantly greeted with a big smile from the woman that I looked up to the most when growing up, my mum.

'Honey you came here early, it's there a reason for you to honour us with your presence?'. She told me and I giggled because it wasn't a secret that I was a master on arriving late to places.

I gave her the bouquet of iris' that I had bought her before I came home. she smiled.'Nice to see you too mom, I've missed you a lot. I bought you this.' I said the first part being full of sarcasm. She ignored my comment and invite me to pass and take a seat, she would prepare some green tea for me, my favourite.

'You look great honey, have you gained weight?'. She asked me once she brought the tea and some chocolate chips cookies. It was a delicate topic. After I broke up with my boyfriend I fell into a pit of depression, I thought I wasn't enough for him and try to find reasons why he would have left me. It cost me to understand that I did nothing wrong and in reality our relationship was toxic. Also, it didn't help that he was talking with a girl when we were still together. When I started to write "Sour", it was a way to let out all my emotions and realise that I could find happiness in myself and I needn't someone to give it to me.

I only put on some cargo jeans and a top from my merch.'Yeah, I've been eating well recently because of rehearsals if not I wouldn't be able to follow Kyle. When he told me that practices were going to be intense I didn't expect to be that intense'. I hadn't done exercise for like 2 years so it was hard to keep up with Kyle's choreographies.

'I'm proud of you, don't forget that. You know that your father and I will always have your back been when you think that you have no one with you and you feel lonely. You even have your brother, I know he never tells you this stuff but you have to know he's proud of you as well. I'll never forget how he always cheered for you when you participated in singing competitions when you were younger'. I started to tear up thinking about the way I assumed I was alone when I broke up with Calvin, he really broke my trust and self-confidence. I hugged her but soon pulled away when I heard the voice of my dad.