37. Surprise, holy fuck and incognito.

Monza, Italy
Lando's POV
Friday

'You have to do one more interview with Sky Sports and then you're free to go and do whatever you want until practice 2'

'You have to do one more interview with Sky Sports and then you're free to go and do whatever you want until practice 2'. Charlotte spoke when we were walking down the paddock after an interesting FP1. We learned a lot about the track and could collect some data but in one lap I had to use the trap in turn 2. Yeah, the infamous Vettel trap.

'You know I don't actually have free time, I'm sure Jon is going to ask me stuff about my elbow and José and the guys will want me to check some data as soon as I step on the garage'. I said and then I took a sip from my water bottle.

'And that's why I'm allowing you to rest for some minutes in your trailer as soon as you finish with Sky Sports'. The blonde said with a little smile on her face and I frowned. She's usually reminding me that I need to talk with the team and get the work done before I have a break, I was confused as to why she was allowing me to go and do whatever I wanted so easily.

'Why?'. I quickly let out and she turned to look at me for a second before looking forward to the media pen.'You never let me get away from things'. I pointed out and the confusion was clear in my voice.

'I'm offering you some free time and you are questioning it? Fine if you don't want-'. I interrupted her before she changes her mind.

'No no no. I will just shut up'. I said and Charlotte nodded with the smile still plastered on her face, I think I heard her whisper something like I thought so. We soon got to the media pen where a lot of reporters were wandering around and shouting at some drivers who had finished their scheduled interviews. Usually, the team schedule the drivers' interviews after a practice session or all along the weekend, the ones that aren't scheduled can be done if there's still time and if you're in the mood to be answering sneaky questions from different reporters. I walked to the Sky crew and the blonde hair woman was back. I think her name was Fleur, it has been a long time since I last saw her. 'Hello'. I said and she turned around, finishing her conversation with one cameraman, who indicated for her to start the interview.

'Lando Norris, good to see you this lovely morning. You have an interesting FP1, how are you feeling?'. She asked with a smile plastered on her face, the kind of smile that they were trained to give. The kind of smile that I was trained to give when everything was going like shit but I had to keep myself in place and give that image of a funny and happy guy.

'Feeling good, thanks for asking'. I joke since I knew she was looking for an answer related to my driving and the session. 'The car feels good and we were collecting data'.

'That's great, what are your expectations for this weekend? We have a sprint race for the second time this year, thoughts on that?'. She asked and then pointed the microphone at me.

'I'm pretty calm, the last time we have a sprint qualifying I did good so I have high expectations for this weekend. Also, the car is doing great so yeah'. I said and she nodded.