21. The race.

Silverstone, England
Grace's Pov
Sunday

Silverstone, EnglandGrace's PovSunday

Fuck. I did it. I performed in Silverstone, in front of almost 200 thousand people. I was soon brought back to reality when a blonde girl hugged me tightly.Rosey.' You did amazing, I was screaming the lyrics'.

'Yeah, I think I heard you from the stage'. I said and we both laughed. Ben was the next, he came to me with a proud smile on his face and like Rose, he hugged me. I could see the Netflix crew filming me and knew that they would use the footage for the f1 series that Soph and Claire told me about.

'You did it little demon. That was awesome, I'm proud of you'. He said and continued hugging me until my mum and dad arrived. My mum pulled me from my brother and she hugged me. I noticed she had teary eyes.

'Gracey, you were incredible. I'm happy you're following your dreams and also for driving you to that audition when you were 14'. I giggled remembering when she drove me to my first audition in Utah.

'Me too mum, me too'. Then it was my dad's turn. He almost left me without breath but I felt like I was a kid once again. He hugging me after my football matches and then driving me to get ice cream together. Yep, I played football. But that didn't go well.

' My little girl, I'm so proud of you'. He spoke after some minutes and I was glad that my family was with me on such an important day. 

'Thanks for being here, it's very important for me that you all are here supporting me'. Ben scoffed and I rolled my eyes.'And McLaren'. He nodded now content.' I've to change before the race starts, so I guess I'll see you in the stands'. I said rapidly as I noticed Soph signalling for me to go with her. They nodded and Rosey came with me.'So how much time do I have to change?'. I asked Soph once I was near her.

'10 minutes, but we have to be quick, the race starts in 15 minutes and they are preparing the drivers already'. I nodded and we continue walking rapidly. We entered the room that they gave us to rehearse and where my bag with clothes was. I took the clothes out and Rosey handed me the Retro High University Blue Air Jordans that I brought because there's no way I'm going to walk in the paddock with heels. My clumsiness won't allow that. I put on the second outfit of today and quickly exited the bathroom.

'I'm ready'. I did a high ponytail and then we walked out to the stands. I saw Ben first who was wearing a papaya hat. Yeah, that was pretty discreet.

'You're lucky the race is about to start'. My dad said and the three of us sat waiting for the lights to turn red and then go out indicating the start.

---

Lando's POV