happy birthday your majasty

LUKE'S POV

Royalty.

That's all my life has been. Everything in my life is a stepping stone to becoming king. Learning how to waltz, proper etiquette, combat training, and a shit ton of reading.

Do I necessarily want to be king? Well that's a question for another time.

"Prince Lucas! Your majesty" A voice knocks on my door way to early in the morning for me to want to be alive.

"What?" I croak, hiding in the mound of pillows behind me. I pull my covers up to my shoulders to hide my shirtless body.

The door opens and my caretaker, Morgan, walks through the door. I don't need a caretaker, I'm sixtee- holy crap I'm seventeen now...

"Happy birthday my liege. Your father wishes to see you" She speaks, leaning against my door.

"Ten more... hours" I flip over onto my stomach.

"Ok get up kid" I feel my feet being dragged out of bed. I try to scramble to stay up but she's to strong.

Morgan has been my caretaker since I was born. No clue why she's still in this position... true, I'd never get anything done without her.

You would think she's an old ass woman with white hair, wrinkly skin, a hunched back. Well no. Morgan was QUITE young when she started working here. She's not even thirty-five yet.

"Why. Why must you do this to me?" I complain, grabbing a pair of slacks and a white dress shirt.

"Because, your father pays me good money to make sure you don't die before you turn eighteen" She chuckles, doing a little tidy of my room.

"I still have a year!" I exclaim while combing my fingers through my hair.

"Don't die. If you die, I die" She points at her chest, making both of us laugh.

"Awww would you really miss me that much?" I put my hands on my heart as she gives me a death stare.

"Pffftp. Nah, I wouldn't miss you. I'd get murdered by your father. Probably send the firing squad out on me or something" She laughs, folding a shirt as I put my shoes on.

"Yeah no. I don't wanna be responsible for two deaths" I point at Morgan's face then her stomach.

Should probably mention she's pregnant... like REALLY pregnant... like this girls gonna pop any second.

"Shush. Just get your ass to the kitchen, your father has some news" She pushes my shoulders lightly, making me laugh in protest before I run off to where my father is.

"Fuck hi" I groan as I stumble into someone's. I wasn't looking where I was going, eyes locked on the tilled ground.

"Luke! What the hell" The person shrieks. Ugh not her. Anyone but her...

"Blake, get out of my way" I moan, pushing her to the side.

"Whatever pretty boy. Happy birthday I guess" She spits, pushing into my shoulder before storming off.

Blake is my little sister. Princess Blake. She's trouble I tell you. One way around adults, one way around me. I hate her but love her. There are days I wanna snap that little tiara she wears. There are also days shes the best thing to happen to me. 12 year old girls are the worst let me tell you.

"Father?" I walk into the dining room to see a huge table. Like this table could fit 10 people on each side.

"Ah, Lucas please sit down" He smiles, gesturing to the seat beside him. My dads in a... unusually chipper mood.