wake up

-20-

julie's pov

Pain.

All I feel is a lot of fucking pain.

My back aches, my arms feel numb, my legs feel weak and my head feels woozy. But then I feel the pain in my chest. A sharp and painful feeling.

I try to call out for him. He's all I want right now, to know he's ok. My voice hoarse and croaked, cracking slightly with a wheeze. Soon realizing I can't talk due to a tube stuffed down my fucking throat.

My eyes flutter open to see a cold, stone, room. The walls lined in grey bricks with only one small window behind me generating light. Other than the hospital bed I'm in, nothing is to familiar.

I try to sit up yet two things hold me back, the excruciating pain I'm in, and the shackles around my wrist... oh and that god dam tube.

"Ms. Molina, don't try to talk"

Hands grab the tubes sticking out of me, people poke and pry me with needles and by the end of this, I feel broken.

-next day-

"Ms. Molina, I'm here with the Amaranths board of security and trust. I need to ask you a few questions"

I lay back on bed, my speech therapist just left and I'm getting somewhat better. It still hurts to talk however. "I'm a minor" I state, "I'm entitled to a lawyer present"

The old white man standing in front of me with a clipboard in hand, "Do you have some form of ID? To prove you're a minor"

"In my room" I say above a whisper. The man nods before walking out.

I tap my fingers against the plastic sides of my bed and think of all the shit I missed. It's been a little over a week. I think Luke had a presentation- Luke oh my god.

Where is he? Why hasn't he been around yet? I've been awake twenty four hours and he isn't here. He hasn't come around once and I miss him already.

I want my boy. I want- well I don't know what else I want but hell I want him.

I finally get some crappy lawyer and it's back to the accusations, "You stole your brothers identity, you went against the guards code of conduct, you endangered the life of the royal family-"

"How did I endanger the life of the royal family?" I speak up. Eyes go wide as a small amount of pain strikes me. "Without me, The crown prince would be dead-"

"Molina" My lawyer whispers as she places her hand on my shoulder, her eyes say more than words can, "I got this" she whispers, "My client did everything right. All she did was lie about her biological sex. If anything, we should investigate you guys for a lousy background check. If you guys did a little digging, it would be easy to find that Carlos Molina was a thirteen year old boy who lives down in White Rock, Amaranth"

"I-" The man from the investigation board is left speechless, "We will reconvene later" And he leaves.

"I messed up" I breathe out, head going into my hands, "I should've just stayed home that night and never come out here"

"Molina, you saved Prince Lucas' life. If they don't give you some kinda medal of valour or whatever, I'll help you with that lawsuit myself"

I laugh slightly at my lawyers comment, "I thought you were gonna be garbage at your job"

"Did they think that about you when you joined this program? I know your story. Your smaller, weaker and less experienced than those boys. I know what that feeling is like" She chuckles, rubbing my shoulder.

I smile and nod, "The only person who believed in me was Luke- Prince Lucas"

"He meant a lot to you eh?" She asks, taking a seat at the edge of my bed.

"He's my best friend and I haven't seen him since I passed out- Can you get him for me?" I poke my head up in excitement.

The lawyer laughs with a shake of her head, "Because I'm at liberty to walk up to the crown prince and bring him up here"

"I can tell you're being sarcastic and because of that, I'll ignore you" I raise my hand to point at her but the shackles hold me back. I let out a small whine and tears quickly prick in my eyes. "Can you please get these off me?"

"I am so sorry Ms. Molina. Nothing I can do" She checks her watch, "I gotta go but I will see you later"

I bite my lip and nod, "Ok ok. If by any chance you see the crown prince, tell him where I am. More importantly, tell him I'm not dead"

"I will" She laughs before closing the door behind her. The guard steps in front of the door and I sigh.

"What a great way to start your love story huh?" I look around the room, "Right! I'm alone"

I lean back in the bed and sigh, "I'm in trouble- why am I still speaking to myself?"

No answer.

Of course there isn't a fucking answer- I'm still doing it aren't I?

After tapping my foot for a moment, I groan, "I'm hungry"

lukes pov

"Where the fuck is she" I slam my hands down onto the head of security, Ansel's, desk.

"Like I said Prince Lucas, I can't disclose that information with you" He leans back in his seat.

I roll my eyes and hold onto the back of the chair infront of his desk, "If you don't tell me where she is-"

"What? You'll get me fired? We all know you've been threatening employees over this girl" His smile is cheeky.

I stare him down and clench my jaw, "She's awake somewhere and probably scared. Molina and I connected and she trusts me, I trust her"

"Sir Lucas I ask you nicely, calm down"

"Fuck this" I burst off out of the room. I need to find her.

I lay in bed with my head laying on Carrie's chest. Her arms wrapped around me as I get a free therapy session. I just talk and talk as she holds me.

"You want advice or just want me to listen? I can do both" Carrie whispers as she brushes her fingers through my hair.

"Advice" I breathe out as I trace circles on the material of her shirt.

"You're Luke, fucking, Patterson. Since when did you let people tell you no? When you met Julie, you said fuck it every single time you hung out with her at first. You fell in love with her when you thought she was a he. You didn't let your fathers laws stop you, so why are you letting a few no's stop you from seeing the woman you love"

Carrie's words spark something in me and I stand up, "The fuck are you doing?" She laughs as I grab a shirt and pants. I turn back to her and snicker with a small smile.

"I'm being Luke fucking Patterson and finding the woman I love"