mama please

JULIE'S POV

I run over to where my mother is laying. My brother over her with spilled soup all over his, already dirty, shirt.

"MOM! Mom please please! Julie help!" Carlos sobs, leaning over my mother's body. The wooden bed creaking under them.

"Carlos move. MOVE" I yell, picking up my dress to kneel on the ground next to her. Our cracked and dirty hardwood floor almost tripping me.

I clap my hands around her ears. Her eyes seem sunken along with all of her other features. "Mama. Come on. Please- please don't do this. Come on mama" I beg, shaking her shoulders.

Tears are silently rolling down my cheek. This is it. The day I've been dreading for ages. We knew this day would come soon. We knew she didn't have much more time left.

I sit back on my heels, running a hand under my cheeks. "Carlos come here" I say, holding my arm out.

He sits down on my lap, his arms hooking around my neck while both of us sob. "It's ok. It's gonna be ok. We're going to be ok" I sniffle, holding him as tight as possible.

"I thought she had more time. We were talking an hour ago. She was smiling yesterday. She was laughing with us. Why- she's not gone. She's-" He sobs, jumping up onto the bed and sitting on her lap.

"Los, los it's time. She's gone" I sob, getting off the ground to sit on the edge of the crappy bed.

"NO SHE'S NOT GONE! MAMA PLEASE!" His voice cracks as he screams, shaking her chest while tears stain his shirt.

My heart breaks for him. He's never known loss. Dad died when Carlos was a baby and to young to remember a thing. "Baby come on. She's gone" I choke on my words, picking him up off our mother.

"No! No no no no no! JULIE PLEASE!" He kicks, latching his body onto mine. My heart continues to shatter time and time again.

"Carlos please. It's ok. Everything will be ok. I need to call Tia. Please help me baby. Work with me" I hold the shaken boy on my chest as I struggle to keep it together.

We sit on the ground, my back against the wall with him on my chest. We just cry. We cry and cry and cry. This is a lot. To much.

I watch my aunts car drive away. Carlos standing out the sun roof while waving. Tears stream from both our eyes.

Tia is just another house wife. Her husband, my Tio Mateo, is an ass. They have 2 kids of their own. He didn't want a teenage girl. Let alone a teenage girl who has a dream to be a soldier.

That being said, I can't take care of Carlos alone. So I sent him away. Carlos will live with Tia and Tio and they'll raise him till he can move out. I'll figure things out on my own, I always have.

My hands clasp over my heart, I'm gonna miss that kid. God knows when I'll see him next. I'll miss him but I want what's best for him.

Now what do I do?

LUKE'S POV

"M-Morgan! Stop! I am not above hitting a pregnant woman!" I swat her hands away as she puts a cape type thing over my right shoulder.

My light blue suit looks amazing, sure... but I hate it. The white cape thing over my shoulder making me seem pretentious as fuck.

"Ok fine. You're good. Perfect for your birthday thing or whatever your father wants you to do" She laughs, letting out a large breath.