code silver

-code silver-
-15-

luke's pov

My eyes widen once I hear those words. He- or she told me that SHE is a girl... is like a transgender situation? I'd be supportive if it was I mean. Honestly- wait a second. Shit it all makes sense now. How could I be so fucking stupid- how could she lie to me like that?

I move Carlos- Julie, this is gonna be hard- off my lap and put her next to me on the bed. "I should go" I mumble.

"Luke I'm sorry-"

"Save it Carl- save it. I need to go" I stutter, getting up and walking off.

I'm shocked.

I walk over to Carrie and take her arm around mine. Her smile wide and fake as a piece of plastic. "How're you doing?" I whisper as we walk down the halls.

She huffs and looks up at me. "I dunno, you're forcing me to have a baby"

"I never forced you to do anything. We determined this was the best option. Sure, it was my idea but I never forced you to do this. If you said no, I would have helped figure out another route" I scoff as I adjust my crown.

Carrie looks at me confused and we stop in place. "Why do you look so down. Where's Molina anyways, he should be here"

I look back at Riley and some other security behind us. "Carlos told me some stuff" I mumble.

"Like?"

"I probably shouldn't say with West right there. They're friends so... it's- I don't know what to say" I mumble.

Carrie taps my arm, "Yeah ok. We can talk later darling" She kisses my cheek and shudders her body. "Never doing that again"

"I think I need to have a power wash to wipe off that grossness. You're lucky a lipstick stain might help convince people we're in love" I huff as we start walking towards the banquet hall.

The halls doors swing open. "Prince Lucas Patterson, crown prince of Amaranth and his fiancée, Princess Caroline of Evander"

I glance over at Carrie and smile, guiding her out towards the socialites. They keep us busy but seriously bore me to death. They could talk my ear off and I'd never be able to get away.

We walk over to some adults and start a conversation. I take the woman's hand and kiss a soft kiss to the top of her hand. "Duchess Kaia, such a pleasure" I grin.

"You too Lucas. You too" She smiles, hugging Carrie as I turn to her date.

"Jeremy, a pleasure. You two are absolutely the hottest couple here" I grin, shaking the Dukes hand.

There's almost a routine to follow. Kiss the woman's hand, shake mans hand, compliment his wife, conversations start there.

"Your fiancée is practically glowing" He compliments and this makes me smile... it's fake but who knows the difference, "You got quite lucky, not many arranged marriages go so well like this"

"I definitely did" I lean over and kiss Carries cheek, she's left confused but grins into her conversation with the duchess.

"And about the glow" I look around and bite down on my lip, seeing body listening. "I shouldn't say anything but we might be expecting. It's to early to tell though" I whisper with a smile.