connecting

-13-

julie's pov

I let out a deep breath as I place my last box down on the ground. All my stuff finally moved into the castle... free of charge might I add.

I thought they would give me some dungeon type room. A place with stone walls and a metal bed but woooow. Nope, this place is beautiful.

These places are nice. I have a closet, a dresser, a queen sized bed and some bed side tables.

I lay back in my bed and sink into the memory foam. A small squeal escapes my lips as I realize I'm living the dream. I have a beautiful home... aka the fucking castle. I have my dream job and my bed doesn't cause me to have the back of a million year old man.

My door rattles and I flinch up, pulling my hair back slightly. "Come in"

The door creeks open and Luke sticks his head in. "I found you. Hey"

A smile crosses my cheeks before I shake myself out of it. "Hey, heard them calling you to the hospital wing this morning. What was that about? Are you ok?"

"You worried about me?" He smirks, closing the door behind him.

"I took one day off and I hear about you being in the hospital. My job is to make sure you don't end up with a bullet between your pecks or eyes" I wave my finger around his shirt.

Luke smiles, taking a seat next to me on my bed. "Morgan had her baby and her husband is giving her radio silence. I think he's leaving her"

I pout, resting a hand on his thigh. "She had her baby! Oh my god" I hold in a squeal.

"Does Mr. Molina have baby fever?" Luke chuckles.

"Eww no. I don't want kids. My career is more important to me than kids ever will be. Besides, I'd need a wife to adopt and I'm very single... and sixteen" I shrug, thinking back to my knowledge of laws.

"Most of my friends have kids. Reggie has Evelyn. Alex... well he and I are the only ones. The kids I went to school with, all are married and have children. Im just saying that you're not to young" Luke shrugs.

"That's sad. At our age we should be dating, taking exams and worrying about college. Not running countries, having babies and getting married" I say quietly, looking around my room.

Luke nods. "Yeah, yeah I guess" He stands up and walks over to a photo of my mother and father right after I was born. Can't have any photos of myself or Carlos which sucks.

"These your parents?" He asks, taking the frame off the wall.

I nod. "When I was a baby. That's me in her arms" I point to the baby.

"You look just like your mom. Holy crap" Luke mumbles, running his finger over my face on the photo.

I force a laugh. "Yeah, both me and my sister look more like her than dad"

He just nods, "My parents didn't take photos of my birth. Hell, we never really took photos unless it was a formal setting"

My breathing stifles as I feel bad. "Home videos were a huge thing. My dad had a camera on us whenever he wasn't working- sorry probably not the best timing Eh?"

Luke leans his head against my shoulder. "I wish I could give you the feeling of a childhood. I really wish" I whisper, looking at him with a sigh.

"I wish that too. I'm just born to a life I can't escape from. It's funny, some boys and girls dream of being a princess or prince. If they really knew" He clutches onto the picture frame.