the dark history of larkspur

tw: mention of death and murder

LUKE'S POV

"OUCH! What the fuck!" My eyes shot open as I feel the angry red burn of a slap hit my cheek.

"What did you say!?" He shouts, eyes wide and seemingly panicked.

"I don't know! I just woke up" I groan, hand to my cheek.

"You asked if I had boobs!" He shouts yet again, looking at me like I have three heads.

My eyes turn to slits with confusion. "Carlos, I didn't ask you anything. I'm serious, believe me, dude" I crack my neck and back.

He gives me a hesitant look. I'm serious, I never asked him this. "Can you forgive me for something sleeping Luke said" I give him my best pouty, puppy dog-like eyes.

Carlos creases his expressions as his eyes inspect my face. "Fine but never say that again!" He points, rolling out of bed before sulking into the bathroom.

Before we know it, we're back on the road. Four hours later, we find ourselves at the residence to the monarch of Larkspur.

"It's like a cottage?" Carlos says softly as we approach the building. He looks shocked, wide eyes and dropped jaw.

"It's bigger than a cottage" I laugh. It's a mansion, not a palace or actual castle, just a mansion.

"It could fit like ten of my houses inside of it" He rolls his eyes as we find the stable to place our horses.

"Still not a palace or castle" I chuckle, tying Echo to a post. "Be a good boy... don't be mean to the nameless horse" I laugh, looking at Carlos's unimpressed glare.

"He has a name" Carlos snaps.

"And it is...?"

"Uh-" He looks back at the horse. "Ray. His name is Ray" He smiles.

I nod, patting Echos neck. "Well don't be mean to Ray. Good boys, stay"

"There's no security" Carlos whispers as we walk to the front door.

"There are. You just don't see them and they know me so... don't worry" I chuckle, knocking on the front door.

We hear the clatter of something falling then a distant male shouts "BABE? GET THE DOOR!"

When the door opens, I see a woman I haven't seen since elementary school. "LUKIE!" She shouts, jumping into my arms. I'm surprised a guard didn't answer. To be fair, the security and crime rates around here are so low it's almost unnecessary.

The Princess of Wisteria slash duchess of Larkspur wraps her legs around my waist as her head tucks into my neck. "I've missed you" she mumbles.

I let out an awkward laugh as my eyes meet Carlos's, seeing his confused look. "Hey, Flynn" I chuckle, rubbing her back, back and forth.

"And I don't think we've met! Hi, I'm-" Flynn jumps down and wraps Carlos in a hug.

"Princess or- duchess Flynn. I- I never thought I'd get to meet you. Hi!" Carlos seems almost star-struck.

"Ok, we're gonna be friends. Come on" Flynn takes Carlos's hand and before I could say something about his thing against contact, Flynn is dragging Carlos away without a second thought.

"Reg?" I call out, kicking my shoes off and closing the door behind me. I look at the middle of this huge foyer and see a pink tint on the white marbled flooring. My heart thuds as I think about what happened here.