princess juniper

-epilogue-

luke
five years later

A little smile crosses my lips as I bounce my arms with the little baby in my arms. "Hey there, love. Oh you are so little! So little and small"

 Oh you are so little! So little and small"

I hear a giggle coming from beside me. Looking up at the hospital bed to Carrie who's clearly falling asleep, "Thank you. Thank you so much" I run a hand under my eyes.

"Anything for you. Anything for... for Julie" She sighs. "How're you holding up? With her?"

I purse my lips and look down at the baby resting in my arms. "It's been a year since the war ended. She was a war hero... I should be proud but I just wish that I her to myself"

"Just remember, without Julie, Amaranth wouldn't be standing to this day... now give me my niece"

I laugh as I hand Carrie the baby, "You're more than her aunt Carrie. It means a lot you carried the baby"

Carrie rolls her eyes, "Remind me. Three years ago, Julie froze her eggs just incase. You fertilized that egg and I carried it. I'm not her mother"

The glass door to the room opens and two blonds walk in. One, age twenty two and the other, five years of age. "MOMMY!"

Carrie laughs as my baby is laid down into a bed, "Flo wanted to see her cousin" Riley laughs as he walks to Carrie's side with a kiss to the top of her head, "How's my queen?" I stand up and laugh as I see my niece, Princess Florence West of Evander, looking at her new cousin.

My Juniper. My Princess Juniper Faye Patterson of Amaranth.

"I'll be out you guys. Let me know if anything happens" I nod with a small smile, getting up and walking out.

My bedroom door swings open as I turn to see the bed. When I don't see the person I'm expecting, a small sense of panic flows through my body's system. "Private!" I shout, turning to the guard behind me.

"Luke- Luke stop"

I look towards the ensuite door and gasp at the sight. "Oh my god", my hands cup over my mouth.

With one leg of flesh and the other made of titanium, Julie stands without a cane or any kind of support. "I'm doing it"

I walk slowly towards her and with a couple wobbling steps, she meets me half way. Julie's arms grab hold of my forearms as I look down. "You look great, my love"