organ transplants

-19-

My eyes widen as they well up with tears, "Like... a new pair of lungs?" I whisper out, my hand going on my mouth.

"Yes, your majesty. The organ is scheduled to deliver in six hours"

"Is there ANY way we can speed that up" My chest grows heavy as I almost feel excited.

My Julie's coming home soon.

"N-"

"I swear to god you will make this process faster or I will have your head" I scoff. Using my power like this is one I absolutely hate but I need to save her. If being a little rude and pushy gets her home, I'd do anything.

"Ok your majesty, I'll see what I can do"

"Good. I'll be back at sixteen hundred and I expect some improvements. Thank you" I say before slamming my phone into my pocket

I let out a deep breath and go to the bathroom to splash some water in my face. I put on a fake smile before walking back out to those oblivious children.

Just a few more hours. I can make it right?

I breathe out as I sit in the back of the armoured car. The windows tinted to black but one rolled down beside me so I can wave goodbye to the children.

Once we get far enough the window rolls up and I fall onto the seat sans seatbelt. "Everything ok your majesty?" Julie's replacement asks. I haven't bothered learning his name and don't intend to.

"Who knows? About Julie?" I ask, fiddling with the kings ring on my finger. It's a ring my family passes down from generations. It goes on your left ring finger till the son is wed, then you place it on whatever hand you really want. It symbolizes your commitment to the monarch. My father gave it to me when I was only ten.

"A lot of people. People aren't happy about it all Luke-"

I shake my head with a laugh, "Don't call me Luke. It's Prince Lucas or anything else. You don't get to call me Luke" I snap, feeling irritable.

"I'm sorry your majesty"

"Good. I just wanna go home" I scoff before slouching in my seat.

I walk with an authoritative step into the castle. My doctor recommended to wait longer. To wait till I've fully healed and no longer feel any kind of pain or discomfort. Whatever.

A buzz in my pocket snaps me from my thoughts as I check who might be calling me. Dad? No not him. I check the phone and see... my sister? Since when does she call me, "What is it you roach" I say into the phone.

"Wow. The heck is up with you? You seriously have zero back bone do you?"

I crease my brow and laugh, "Blake, did I miss something..."

"I've been gone at a fricken boarding school for ages. Have you really been that busy or whatever?"

I lean back against one of the opposite walls and huff, "Father sent you to boarding school?" I say with a little anger.

"Yeah" She says softly.

"I will kill that son of a bitch. How're you liking it- wait where are you?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Poland... or England... or the states... not really sure"

I roll my eyes and laugh softly, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, it's been actually good here. I'm just a little upset how you never noticed"

I roll my eyes and continue my walk to Julie, "There's shit here. Father is constantly mad, Morgan had her baby, my guard is a girl and needs a lung transplant-"