i dont like your girlfriend

-22-

luke's pov

"Y'a know when I told you to go get Julie, this wasn't what I meant" Carrie scolds as I sneak back into our bedroom.

"Oh come on, it'll be great. I have the knights crest on my shirt" I point to the small pin of a blue shield on my chest.

"And a black beanie and black jeans. Totally royal guard attire" Carrie groans as she laye back in bed, "Turns the lights off on your way out" I roll my eyes and snake out of the room.

I didn't turn the lights off.

The castles halls are dark and cold. The cobblestone walls with the occasional light every ten feet away. It's dim.

I walk around the prison halls, trying to figure out if my girls being held here. A skeleton key in my hand just incase I find her... when I find her.

The sound of marching alerts me of a pair of guards heading my way. Quickly I take my key and sneak into the closest room, hoping this won't get me killed.

I hide behind the door and wait for the people to pass. My guard dropping as they walk by, "Hello" I freeze as I hear a female voice call out to me.

"Oh- uh hi" I force a laugh as I turn to face the bed rested in the middle of the cell. My face illuminated by the moon light.

"I-" I make eye contact with the girl laying in the bed. "Oh my god" I breathe out with a quivering smile, "Julie?"

"Luke" She says almost with uncertainty, like she dosent want to be lead on.

I walk over to her and get a better look at my girl, "Julie it's me" I say with tears in my eyes as I cup her cheeks with my hands.

"Oh my god" She whimpers as she relaxes into the palm of my hand, "Luke"

I look down at her wrist and see the shackles she's been put in, "No no no" I feel pain seeing her in them, "Ok uh-" I take my key and thank god it works. Her handcuffs come undone and she quickly leaps into my arms.

I lay down beside her, Julie cuddled into my side as we hold eachother for god knows how long. No words, a few tears, but no speaking. Until, "You're my boyfriend" Julie speaks.

I look down at her and rub my thumb into her side, "Question or statement?"

"Statement. I'm your girlfriend, you're my boyfriend" She smiles softly.

"I like the sound of that" I say as our lips connect for the first time in a while.

When she pulls away, a dazed smile crosses her lips, "I'm dating the prince of Amaranth... who's engaged"

"Yeah well, Carrie's cheating on me with Riley so it's no big deal" I shrug with a small laugh. "Oh my god you didn't know"

"Riley and Carrie?! Really!" Julie whisper shouts to me with a small cough, "Oh my god"

"Yeah, they're so cute together it's crazy" My thumb graces her cheek.

julie's pov

"We have a plan" Luke states, "Carrie and I" He almost seems hesitant to tell me.

"Do tell?" I raise an eyebrow.

Luke takes a deep breath as his fingers dance along my hair which by now is at a decent length, "Carrie and Riley will go back to Evander when this is all over. They'll get married and become Duchess Caroline and Duke Riley of Evander. When Trevor dies or steps down, Queen and Prince-"

"Why won't Riley become King?" I raise an eyebrow.

"He's not of royal blood. Just how this shit goes" Luke shrugs, "Anyways, if you're up for it, I want the same thing here. With me and you"

"Are you asking me to marry you?" I chuckle as I look up into his eyes.

"Not yet. But eventually. IF you say yes, you'd be my duchess till father dies or steps down. Then you'd be my queen" He smiles as he looks deep into my eyes.

"Wouldn't I be princess? Like Riley can't be king?" I chuckle.

Luke rolls his eyes with a small laugh, "Can't be king without a queen. You can however be queen without a king"

"This is true feminism at its finest" I joke a kiss his cheek with a small laugh.

"She said as she's under trial for doing nothing wrong but being a woman in one of the most sexist countries in Europe" Luke rolls his eyes softly before shaking his head, "Whatever, I don't wanna scare you more than you already are-"

"I'm scared?" I laugh.

"With the trial...?"

I brush his cheek with the smallest smile, "You're in my corner, I'm not worried"

I let out a large yawn and Luke pouts, "Go to bed mon amour" He says softly.

"Speaking French eh? Imagine if your father found out" I joke, poking his arm softly as that tired childness falls over me.

"Go to sleep. You just had major surgery"

I shake my head, "If I sleep, I might not see you for a while" I sniff, trying not to cry at the idea of never seeing him again.

"Hey, hey don't cry" Luke brushes his thumb across my cheek and picks up a tear I hadn't known fell. "You're Julie Molina. The first woman to join the royal guard. You're gonna be well known now hun, don't worry. You're strong and don't need me in your corner. If anything, I have you in my corner. You're the strong one here"

I lean over and kiss Luke deep and passionately, my hands cupping his cheeks as I struggle to pull myself up. He quickly pulls away, blinking, "Please go to sleep" He whispers.

"Ok" I whimper, nodding as I lay my head on his chest.

Soon, everything fades to black.

My eyes open to a dark room, my body cold and crisp but most importantly, lonely. Luke's gone. "Fuck" I mumble, wincing in pain slightly. "This fucking sucks"