robbed of a childhood

~ROBBED OF A CHILDHOOD~
-🤍-

JULIE'S POV

"What!" I yell, dropping the material of my shirt and running out to Prince Luke in a panic. Reminder I'm still working, he may be on vacation here but this is my job.

When I run to the foyer I see Luke standing there with the small bag he has slung over his shoulder. "Don't get your boxers in a bunch dude, just wanted to say that we're staying a night then heading back tomorrow so head upstairs and find a spare room" He laughs.

I roll my eyes as my pulse falls to a calm state, hearing the duchess running behind me. "What? Don't wanna share a bed again?" I pout, mocking him in a way.

"And get slapped by you again? Yeah no... You hit hard, you're my guard for a reason" Luke laughs, walking up the stairs and leaving me with Flynn.

"So you like him but slapped him?" Flynn says in my ear, resting her elbow on my shoulder with a smirk.

"In my defense, I thought he found out about my secret" I hiss, shaking my head lightly as we make our way out to the horses.

"I think you just need to find the courage to tell him. He'll understand I'm sure. I've known Luke since we were children and he's understanding" Flynn stays back as I enter the stable to grab my things from Ray's back.

Atleast I named him right?

My eyes naturally roll before I remember she's part of the fucking monarch. Wow I have an attitude around these people. "I don't know your maj-"

"Flynn. It's just Flynn"

"Ok Flynn. I just don't know. I really like him but when you do the math, we met like nine days ago on his birthday. It hasn't even been a month" I laugh, feeding Ray an apple.

Her eyes widen. "Nine days? Wow and he's already whipped over you? Girl what kinda magic do you have in those fingertips? I don't think Reg started developing real feelings till like... god not that fast"

I force a laugh and shake my head "Can we just drop this? Is there anything cool in Larkspur? Maybe we could have a girls day out or something?" I mumble, feeling like I'm over stepping.

Flynn seems excited. "YES! Oh my god ok I need to feed my baby girl and run it by the hubby BUT then we can go! Ah this is exciting!"

Flynn has a old timey maidens dress. The skirt is white and a little see through while the top is almost a jean type blue top. She's hot and it's clear she knows this too.
(I just had to include a picture because COTTAGECORE VIBES!)

Apparently, according to Luke, I've been passed like a baton in a relay race

Apparently, according to Luke, I've been passed like a baton in a relay race. According to the royal pain of Amaranth 'I'm passing the mantle of protecting me to Flynn'. I've never felt more like an object and I'm a woman!