Regret

Summary: Serkan realizes all the time he lost with his daughter was because of the choices he made. 

A/N: This is just something I would like to see but don't think that I will.

"You are her father."

The words like a hammer to his chest.

His hand tightened on the little shoe he held.

He could no longer see Eda looking as beautiful as ever standing in front of him.

Instead, he saw the little girl he was coming to know.

How had he not seen it?

Kiraz was the spitting image of her mother, but she was so much like him in so many other ways.

She was stubborn, competitive, curious; she was named after his favorite berry. She loved magic. She liked stars and horses. She had his allergy. His traits. It was all there, staring back at him.

He was her father, but he barely knew her. And with a daunting realization came the regret.

This was his fault.

He pushed Eda away. He told her repeatedly he didn't want children and in doing so he cost himself precious time he would never get back.

He stumbled back, his knees hitting his mattress, and sunk down on the bed.

Tears filled his eyes, and he tried to fight them, but he couldn't.

A sob escaped his lips, and his shoulders shook. "Eda,"

"Serkan," Eda stepped forward, concerned, her hand resting on his shoulder.

His arms wrapped around her, tugging her forward. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Eda's arms went around his shoulder's instinctively as he buried his face in her stomach, clinging to her as he cried.

Tears slid down her cheeks and she held onto him, being there for him the way he
should have been for her and Kiraz.

A/N: I might expand on this if they don't give us a remorseful Serkan next week.