A Beautiful Change

Summary: Serkan finds an injured puppy unaware that puppy would be the reason he meets the woman of his dreams.

A/N: This is a complete AU, meet/cute Edser One-shot. I wrote this fluff piece to make up for the pain of my Edser angst filled One-Shot. Enjoy!

The wind caressed Serkan's face as he ran, his legs pumping as fast as his body allowed. His heart thundered in his chest and he reveled in the feeling of exertion that traveled through his body.

He rarely went for runs through the park. While Serkan maintains his exercise, his health is something very important to him. He usually kept to the gym in his home.

But lately he had been feeling restless, and he wanted to go for a run underneath the cover of the stars.

And so one night he found himself in a park far from his neighborhood, running through a bike trail that was empty because of the late hour.

He expected his run to be uneventful. He was proven wrong.

A low whine sounded through the trees that surrounded the bike path and though Serkan knew it was unwise to wander through the trees at night, he couldn't ignore the sound he heard.

Cutting through the trees and following the sound he heard, he used his phone to guide him and soon came across a small trail of blood on the fallen leaves.

Concern filling him, Serkan followed the trail and came across what appeared to be a puppy.

He knelt down on the forest floor and the small puppy couldn't be more than 14 weeks, judging by his size. The little guy tried to get up but couldn't.

Serkan frowned, noting his dark fur was wet with blood and when he tried to stand, he would wobble, unable to stand.

Serkan slowly placed his hand in front of the dog, allowing him to smell his scent before slowly touching him.

"Hey, boy," Serkan spoke quietly as he slowly reached to pet him. "You're hurt. How about we take care of your injuries?"

The small puppy leaned his head against Serkan's palm before licking it.

Serkan carefully lifted the puppy in his arms when he knew he had his trust and took it home.

For the next two days, Serkan took care of the puppy's injuries and while the puppy was in good spirits, the wound did not appear to be healing.

Fearing it would get infected. Serkan informed Engin he would be out of the office until further notice and took the puppy to the highest recommended vet for pet injuries.

Serkan hated waiting in the waiting room. His annoyance was on high the longer he waited.

When they finally called his name, he was ready to make his ire known as a vet assistant led him to a back room.

He waited another 10 minutes, and he was ready to shout.

He was not a patient man, and he swore this clinic was trying to test his patience.

"I'm sorry about the wait. We're running a little behind and it can't really be helped."

Serkan was ready to lecture her on punctuality but stopped short at the sight of the veterinarian.

She was beautiful. The most beautiful woman he ever had the honor of looking upon.

Tanned skin, long black hair, dark enchanting eyes, a welcoming smile on her lips that was wiping away his anger.

"I'm sure you're doing the best you can." Serkan found himself saying, holding the puppy close to him.

"We are. We're a bit shorthanded today and had to make the best of it." She extended her hand. "Eda Yildiz."