The Burrow

For weeks now, I have been begging my Dad to allow me to go with the Weasley's to the Quidditch World Cup. He has said no every single time. I haven't been able to go visit anyone, but that is mostly because of my empathic abilities. On the plus side, Dad has been teaching me how to control my new abilities. The only one I haven't mastered yet is empathy, but I am getting closer. It would be going so much faster if I knew who the person who grounds me is. I have a feeling that it is either Draco or Harry. I ran into the Weasley's when my Dad took me with him to restock on potion ingredients, and I felt no connection with them through my empathy link.

"Lilly," Dad called from the dining room.

I quickly ran down the stairs.

"Yes Dad," I responded.

"You can go to the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasley's," he told me,

"Thank you," I said.

"But you will check in with the Malfoy's when you get there," he finished. "You should go pack, Arthur will be here in an hour to get you."

I hugged him and then ran upstairs to pack. I ended up packing all my casual clothes and a couple of semi-formal summer dresses that Dad had gotten me this summer. I grabbed my wallet and pulled my backpack (with an Undetectable Extension Charm on it) on my shoulders just as the doorbell rang. I ran down the stairs as I heard Dad and Mr. Weasley talking in the living room. I grabbed my jacket and slipped on my pair of fashionable hiking boots.

"Ready to go," I said.

"Behave Lillian," Dad said.

"No pranking," he said a moment later in my head.

"I will Dad, love you too," I said in a joking manner.

Mr. Weasley offered his arm and I took it. Without warning, he Apparated the two of us to the Burrow. Fred and George gave me the full tour. The kitchen was small and cramped. There was a scrubbed wooden table and chairs in the middle of it. The clock on the wall had only one hand and had no numbers at all. Written around the edge were things like, "Time to make tea," Time to feed the chickens," and "You're late." Books were stacked three deep on the mantelpiece, books with titles like Charm Your Own Cheese, Enchantment in Baking, and One Minute Feasts- It's Magic!

The Weasleys had a ghoul in the attic that howled and dropped pipes whenever he felt like things were getting too quiet. Fred and George showed me one of the prank items that they were working on and assured me that everyone else considered it perfectly normal when things exploded in their room.

After I had gotten settled in Ginny's room with Ginny and Hermione, Arthur told me that they were picking up Harry the next day and asked if I would like to accompany them. I declined and went to help Molly in the kitchen.

The next day arrived quite quickly and I couldn't help but bounce on my heels when the Weasley schoolchildren, which thankfully for the twins no longer included Percy, and Arthur left to go get Harry.

"What is the matter Lilly?" Hermione asked me.

"Nothing," I replied, remembering Dad's warning about sharing my abilities willy-nilly.

"Do you know how the trial went?" Hermione asked me in a quiet voice.

"Yes," I replied. "Sirius was declared innocent, got cleared of all charges and was given some compensation for being locked up in Azkaban for 13 years, not that he really needs it. Last I heard, he and Remus were talking about gallivanting off to Costa Rica for a vacation. Those were Professor Snape's words not mine. I think that the two of them deserve a vacation, given everything that has happened to them."