The Triwizard Tournament

The carriages travelled through the gates, flanked with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale. Leaning against the window, I looked up at the castle, which was coming nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain. Lightning flashed across the sky as the carriage came to a stop before the great oak doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps. People who had occupied the carriages in front were already hurrying up the stone steps and into the castle, which stood as a beacon of warmth. I made sure that all the Slytherins were out of the carriage before I got out and made my way up to the castle. I held the umbrella that I had conjured over the younger students as they scrambled up the steps.

Suddenly, just as I had entered the Entrance Hall, a large, red water-filled balloon had dropped from out of the ceiling onto Ron's head, who had also just entered the hall. Drenched and sputtering, Ron staggered sideways into Harry, just as a second water bomb dropped- narrowly missing Hermione, it burst at Harry's feet, sending a wave of cold water over his feet. People all around them shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire. I looked up and saw Peeves the Poltergeist, a little man in a bell-covered hat and an orange bow tie, floating about 20ft above everyone's heads, his face contorted with concentration as he aimed once again.

"PEEVES!" yelled an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

Noticing that Professor McGonagall would be coming in here quite quickly, I vanished the water from the floor and started drying students off, starting with any second and third years that I could see, and moving upwards. Just as I had predicted, Professor Minerva McGonagall, the Deputy Headmistress and head of Gryffindor House, came dashing out of the Great Hall.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" she barked, glaring upward through her square-rimmed spectacles.

"Not doing anything!" Peeves cackled, lobbing a water bomb at several fifth-year girls, who screamed and dived into the Great Hall. "Already wet, aren't they? Little squirts! Wheeeeeeeeee!" He aimed another bomb at a group of second-years who had just arrived.

Sensing that Peeves did not want to listen, I made my way over to Minnie and stood next to her.

"Peeves, can you please leave the other students alone?" I asked him, trying not to draw attention to myself.

"Little Marauder, what do I get in return?" Peeves asked as he aimed at another group of students.

I sent him a mental image of pranking Filch, using some of Fred and George's Decoy Detonators that I have modified.

"I will give you those in three days," I said. "But only if you stop through water balloons and apologize the house elves."

"I will do it," Peeves said, flying off.

"Thank you Lilly," Minerva told me, as she turned to start drying and warming up students.

I nodded my head at her and made my way into the Great Hall going over to sit with Harry, Ron and Hermione. St. Nicholas was sitting next to them as well.

"Good evening," he said, beaming at them.

"Says who?" Harry said, taking off his sneakers and emptying them of water. "Hope they hurry up with the Sorting. I'm starving."

I was excited to watch a sorting that wasn't my own, as I had been rather nervous last year. Noticing that Harry's shoes and socks were still soaked, I dried them before he put them back on. As I was about to ask about their train ride, I heard a highly excited, breathless voice call down the table.