The First Day

I woke up and saw a uniform that was placed on my desk. The uniform did not look like what Severus told me I would have to wear. Instead of an overrobe, there was a blazer that just had the Hogwarts crest on it. I was also given a pair of pants instead of a skirt, something that I was really happy about, as I really hated wearing skirts. There was also no tie which made me slightly anxious, as I knew that it would make me stand out from everyone else in the school. After grabbing my bag, and making sure that all of my books were in there, I went to leave through the same door that I came through, but it wasn't there. There was only one door available to me, and for some reason, it had a portrait of who I was assuming to be my mother on it. I went through the door, but as soon as I stepped out, I fell like 5ft onto the ground. I landed on my stomach, which didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I took a few seconds to no longer be winded, and right as I was about to stand up, Severus came charging out of his bedroom, wand in hand. He started firing spells at me.

I panicked slightly, something I seem to be doing a lot of lately, and then thought "shield" inside my head. Luckily for me, a shield-like something came out of my hands and surrounded my body. Despite this, Severus continued to attack me, and I couldn't figure out why.

"Severus," I said, very confused. "Why are you attacking me?"

"Lilly," he said, sounding just as confused as I was. "Why is your hair brown?"

I internally groaned and changed it back to its natural red colour.

"Sorry," I said. "I just woke up and I didn't look in a mirror before leaving my dorm."

"You're a Metamorphmagus?" he asked me.

I nodded. "I have been ever since I was a kid," I told him. "I used to get in a lot of trouble for it."

"On the other hand, what are you doing here at 6 o'clock in the morning?" he asked me.

"I was trying to leave my dorm," I said, feeling slightly embarrassed about what had just happened.

Severus walked over to a couch that I hadn't noticed and motioned for me to sit down as well.

"What do you mean by trying to leave your dorm?" he asked me as I sat down across from him.

"Well, I went to the Gryffindor common room, told the Fat Lady the password and got her to shut up. I then talked to Hermione and Ginny, who seemed very interested in me, which kind of freaked me out, so I went upstairs and saw a door with my name on it. I walked inside and went to sleep. This morning I woke up, got dressed and went through the only door that was there. For some reason, I ended up here, which I don't understand. The door made me appear about 5 ft off the ground and then you decided to attack me," I explained, becoming more and more panicked as I talked.

I was also thinking back to the picture that I found on my nightstand before I went to bed.

"My apologies. I thought you were a student trying to break into my stores. It usually happens when I am asleep, so I set a Caterwauling Charm on my office," he told me. "Is there something wrong?"

"Well, I went into my room last night and there was a picture. There was me as a baby, a person who looks like me except older and you," I told him, hoping he knew about it.

"I had wondered where that picture had vanished to," Severus said very absentmindedly.

"Huh?" I said.

"Can I see the photo?" Professor Snape asked me.

"Of course," I answered. "But I can't get into my room."

"Don't worry. There is a spell for everything. Accio," Sev said.