Clark vs The King of the Lions

After getting help from a nice girl named Thalia, Clark ran to catch up with his class. They weren't to far away so it didn't take him long. However his teacher noticed him running up and probably assumed he fell behind.

Teacher: glad you could join us Mr.Kent.

Clark: s-sorry sir, I dropped my stuff and was picking it up.

After Clark explained what happened a group of kid began to quietly chuckle. This didn't go unnoticed by the teacher. He quickly put together what probably happened.

Teacher: Bash?

Bash: yeah?

Teacher: is there something funny you would like to share with the rest of the class?

Bash: no sir.

The teacher didn't say anything else as he had no proof of anything happening. All he could do was let Clark off with a warning. After all that was said and done the tour guide walked up. She introduced herself and began showing the class through the museum. As they began there tour though Bash came up to Clark.

Bash: you're dead Kent.

Before Clark could say anything Bash walked off back to his friends. This left Clark alone again.

Clark mind: great, another session of letting the jocks think there beating me up.

Not wanting to think about it Clark instead focused on the tour. He took notes and wrote down everything the tour guide told them. In Clark's opinion the tour through the museum was fascinating. However he could tell that his classmates didn't share his fascination. A lot of them looked board out of there minds. They wouldn't be board for long though.
The class was about twenty minutes into there tour now. At this point they were on one of the upper levels of the Smithsonian. At this point the tour guide had stopped and was talking about one of the air crafts that was hanging from the ceiling. That's when the screaming began.
As soon as the screaming started everyone in Clark's class began to panic. Then a voice came over the tour guides walkie talkie. Using his super-hearing Clark listened in to what the guy was saying. It was obvious to Clark that the guy didn't know much about what was going on. All the guy knew was that they were trying to evacuate the museum and was telling there tour guide to lead them out.
That's exactly what the tour guide did. She began to show Clark's class the way to the emergency exit. Clark had different plans however. He used the chaos that the museum was in in order to slip away from everyone.

Clark mind: this looks like a job for Superboy!

Clark began to run through the museum in order to find a place to change. The people inside the museum however were panicking so much that he couldn't find a place. As he was walking at a brisk pace beside a railing Clark finally saw what had the museum in an uproar. There below him had to be the biggest lion that Clark had ever seen.

Clark: what the heck is a lion doing here?!

As he watched the lion he noticed something else. A group of kid around his age, about five of them, were trying to fight it. They all had old fashioned weapons, Greek if Clark wasn't mistaken, none of the weapons seemed to do anything to the lion though. Clark then saw one of the boys that was in the little group run off to the gift shop.

Clark: something weird is definitely going on here.

Clark was about to run off and change in order to help the group. Something caught his eye though. That something was the girl fighting the lion head on. It was Thalia. Clark was surprised but watched in amazement as she fought the lion with her spear and shield. It didn't take long however for the lion to back her into a corner.

Clark: I'm out of time!

That's when time seemed to stand still all around Clark. Instead of changing into his Superboy suit Clark decided to go ahead and jump into action. Using his super-speed he ran down to the first floor where the lion was. Moving so fast that no one saw him as he ran by. Clark got to the lion as it was in mid air jumping at Thalia.
First Clark uppercutted the lions mouth shut. Then taking a couple of steps back he then jumped at Thalia. Slowing and coming out of his super-speed Clark tackled Thalia out of the way of the pouncing lion.
To say Thalia was surprised when she got tackled out of the way would be an understatement. She was even more surprised when she saw who it was that saved her.

Thalia: YOU!?!

Clark: m-me?!

As Thalia was trying to figure out how Clark came out of nowhere to help her the lion was trying to figure out why it's jaw felt like it was hit by a freight train. It didn't take the lion to long to get over it shock however. It now turned its attention back to Thalia and Clark.
Thalia was about to ask why Clark was there the but before she could the two heard a growl. Turning to the noise they both saw the lion stalking towards them.

Clark: w-why is the biggest lion I ever seen in the Smithsonian?

Thalia: there's no time for that now come on!

Thalia dragged Clark to his feet and the two took off running. Thalia was dragging Clark by his wrist while the lion was hot on there trail.

Clark: what kind of lion is that and why does it want you!?!

Thalia: not now!

As the two ran Clark pretended to stumble a little. This was just so he had a little time. With that time Clark titled his glasses down and used his heat-vision to cut some cables. This aloud one of the aircrafts to fall landing on the lion.

Clark: h-how did you do that!?!

Thalia: wasn't me!

The fallen aircraft didn't stop the monster long. It eventually busted out and continued to chase Thalia and Clark. The two continued to run until the lions attention was taken off of them. The boy that Clark saw run into the gift shop was now it's target. Clark was about to jump in until he say the boys plan in action.
Using the astronaut food from the gift shop he got the lion to open its mouth wide. When it did that's when a few arrows came flying in hitting the inside of the monster. After that Clark watched in confusion as the lion turned to dust. The only thing showing that it was there was a lions pellet that was left behind. Clark then turned to Thalia who was still standing next to him.

Clark: c-can I have an explanation now?