A Not So Welcome Home

After Percy sacrificed his jacket to his father, Grover took off with Bessie back to Camp Half Blood while the rest of them took off to rescue Athena and Annabeth. As the five of them ran along it became increasingly clearer that they were moving way to slow. There was no way that they were going to make it by sunset.

Percy: why exactly do we need to get there by sunset?

Zoe: the Hesperides are the nymphs of the sunset, we can only get there when day turns to night.

Bianca: well we're not going to get there on foot in time and we don't know anyone in San Francisco to help us. What do we do?

Thalia: well actually we do know someone here.

Clark: you do?

A short while later all five of the kids were standing outside of the home of Annabeth's father. Clark didn't know Annabeth and really didn't know what to expect from her father. However when the door opened Clark was certain that he wasn't expecting what he saw.
Standing in front of them was a man in an old aviation helmet and goggles. He definitely looked weird in his getup. He then asked five kids if they were delivering him his plane.

Clark mind: who believes that fourteen year olds believer planes?

The man got serious however when he learned that his daughter was in danger. First Clark wondered why this man wasn't informed about his daughter sooner then this. Second Clark could clearly see the love for Annabeth in his eyes but there was also something else. It was like a sadness.

Clark mind: I've seen that look before. Ma and Pa had that same look when I became distant with them after learning I was an alien.

Annabeth's father, who Clark learned is named Frederick, took them all up to his home office. When they got up there they saw that the room was full of WWI stuff. Apparently Frederick was writing a paper on the planes used during one of the battles.

Clark mind: that at least explains the whole plane thing, at least a little bit.

Frederick then got into a conversation about the battle with Zoe. She apparently was there during the battle. Clark really didn't like war but he also understood that some causes were worth fighting for. The cost of those just causes however are always high though.
The conversation with Frederick and Zoe didn't go on for to long when they were brought back to the topic at had. They told Annabeth's father that they needed his car in order to get to Annabeth and Artemis in time. He agreed right away but he also wanted to go with them. While Clark liked the fact that the man wanted to help his daughter he also agreed with the others that it would be to dangerous for him.
While he didn't like it Frederick agreed to give them the car while he stayed. Then they all went back down stairs to get the keys that Annabeth's stepmom told Frederick were on the peg. As they left Annabeth's stepmom told Percy to tell Annabeth that she always has a home with them.
Eventually all five kids were in Fredericks car and back on the road. The sun was going down by then and they were running out of time. As they drove Clark gained more information about the Olympian world such as monsters like chewing eucalyptus leaves. Eventually they were coming up on Mount Tamalpais.

Percy: so that's the mountain of despair?

Zoe: yes.

Percy: why is it called that?

Zoe then began to tell them the history of the mountain. Apparently some guy named the general was in prisoned there after the Titan war. The group continued to get closer to the mountain and as they did Percy saw something that he apparently didn't like.

Percy: look!

As Percy yield for everyone to look the car turned and the hills covered the ocean. He then told them that he saw the boat belonging to Luke. While everyone was talking about it Clark used his x-ray vision to get a closer look. As he was looking though the car came to a abruptly stop.

Thalia: everybody out!

They all jumped out of the car, Thalia dragging Clark out by the back of his shirt collar. Not a split second after they all got out a lightning bolt struck there ride blowing it up. Luckily for them that no one got hurt. The others thought that Zoe might have but Clark could hear that she was alright.
Thalia thought the lightning bolt was from he father but Percy was sure that it was from Kronos. They didn't have time to worry about that though as they had to hurry. They all quickly made there way up the mountain until they eventually made it to the garden of Hesperides.
Clark had to admit the place was beautiful. The only problem he could see with the place was a giant multi headed dragon. Luckily the dragon was still asleep but that didn't mean they were alone. From the shadows came four girls that looked a lot like Zoe. They were her sisters.
All four of the sisters began to have there little family reunion. A reunion that Clark could see wasn't going well. This thought only increased when Zoe woke up Ladon. As Zoe distracted the dragon she told the rest of them to head on. Unfortunately that plan didn't go to well and as they ran for it Zoe got bitten. Thanks to Thalia's shield though Ladon backed off enough for them to get away.
Luck for them that the dragon didn't follow after as they went further up the mountain. The group continued to run though as they were losing time. As they ran they began to pass though what looked to be ruins of a old city. This place was apparently the ruins of Mount Othrys.
They didn't stop though and continued on until they reached the top. At the top was what Clark could only describe as a grey funnel cloud being held up by a twelve year old girl. Clark was confused.

Clark: is that Annabeth?

Percy: no that's......

Zoe: my lady!!!

Zoe yelled as she rushed forward Bianca following closely behind her. Apparently this little girl was the goddess Artemis. As The two ran forward the goddess managed to tell them that it was a trap. It was then that a large group of men came marching up from behind them. They had a girl in cuffs who was apparently Annabeth. Standing next to her was Luke the boy Thalia told Clark about. And finally leading them was Atlas who was apparently Zoe's father.

Clark mind: well this is about to get interesting.