Superboy returns

With both sides armed and ready to fight the situation got intense. While they were ready neither the Hunters nor the Amazons wanted to be the first to attack. Because of this Clark could see that despite all that has occurred so quickly in the past few minutes alone neither side really wanted to fight. That didn't mean the slightest misstep couldn't set one side off. Not seeing any way around it Clark thought it best to go back with the Amazons and just figure out how to get away without the help of Zoe and the others.

Clark: alright I'll go back to them.

Zoe: what?

Clark began to slowly walk back to the Amazons side.

Clark: it's best to avoid a fight.

Zoe: we hunters are not afraid of conflict.

Phoebe: yeah so don't think you're getting out punishment for what you did so easily.

Phoebe then used her elbow to shove Clark back to the spot he was before. She did this hard enough that Clark ended up falling. Seeing this Hylla became enraged and let her warriors fury take control.

Hylla: get them!

The Amazons let out a war cry at Hylla's word and charged. In response the hunters of Artemis didn't change and instead readied their bows. This surprised Clark who thought the hunters would be at a disadvantage in a close range fight. But then to his surprise they began letting off shot after shot of arrows into the charging Amazons. Clark watched with surprise at the speed that the hunters could notch an arrow, aim, then fire.

Clark mind: that's pretty impressive.

Clark then noticed that the hunters were using trick arrows as not to harm the Amazons and instead just subdue them. Clark was impressed by their ability to hold back after the argument they had that lead up to the fight. But Clark wasn't just impressed with the hunters but with the Amazons as well.

Clark mind: with the amount of arrows coming at them I'm surprised more haven't been hit yet.

Clark then spotted Hylla who was one of the Amazons in front leading the charge. He watched as the warrior woman swatted one of the hunters lightning fast arrows out of the air like it was nothing. To say Clark was impressed would be an understatement.

Clark mind: I guess Amazons wouldn't have gotten their reputation from being couch potatoes.

In no time at all the Amazons closed the gap between them and the hunters of Artemis. When they did the hunters immediately switched up tactics on a dime. Without hesitation or argument, at Zoe's word, the hunters went from fighting with their bows to melee fighting tactics. Some hunters used knives while others decided to stick with their fists. It was here that Clark began to get even more nervous. He didn't want someone to die in a pointless fight. Clark turned to Bianca who was next to him.

Clark: this needs to stop!

Bianca: don't worry we'll get you out of here.

Clark: no that's not what I mean.

Bianca: then what are you........

Clark: listen this is a pointless fight and I don't want someone to get killed because of me.

Bianca just looked at Clark for a moment before smiling.

Bianca: I forgot you were like this.

Clark: like what?

Bianca: the guy willing to remain a prisoner so that others didn't get hurt. The guy willing to give up what he wants for others. The guy willing to save a complete stranger.