Crash Landings and Dreams

Not everyone knew how it happened, or what lead to it happening, all they knew was that it did happen. Every single person in that city, on that day, watched as the bomb meant for them exploded high above. They watched thinking God, or whoever they looked towards that the bomb didn't detonate in the city. On that day only a handful of people knew that it was the kindness of a single boy that saved their lives.
After a time the explosion began to die away leaving only one thing. There floating in spaces cold grip was the skinny, shriveled up form of an unconscious Clark Kent. For a time he was just suspended their unmoving. Slowly though Clark began to drift back towards the earth. Picking up speed, fire began to engulf him on reentry into the earth atmosphere. He himself was fine, his clothes, his new design for his heroing outfit, wasn't so well off.
Clark continued to fall getting closer and closer to a city below. Even if he wasn't unconscious Clark would have been to weak to stop his fall. The bomb had really done a number on him like nothing else had before.
Within Amazon headquarters in Seattle Washington many men and women moved about the building. Even this time of night there was still hustle and bustle. The men worked on machinery such as forklifts or boxed and unboxed items. The women worked on tablets to make sure orders were right, moved around to make sure the men were still working, or were dressed in full Amazonian battle armor keeping guard. Just your typical ordinary night at Amazon.
That typical night changed into an unusual one quickly though. As everyone was doing their jobs a loud crashing sound came out of nowhere and echoed through the building. At the same time the noise came it was accompanied by something coming through the ceiling. Whatever came through was then stopped by the floor creating a massive crater in the building.
Quick to action the Amazon Warriors in their battle armor converged on the crater. At first they couldn't see even a foot in front of them do to the dust that had been kicked up. But as the dust began to clear they were presented with an astonishing sight. Lying in the crater face down had to be the skinniest boy they had ever seen. As they looked upon his naked form they were sure that a boy like him had died from the mysterious crash. That is until the boys body twitched.

???: by the gods he's still alive!

Clark was dreaming, he just had to be because he found himself reliving his flight with the bomb up into space. Then just like before, the bomb exploded hitting him at point blank range with more force then he had ever felt before. Next thing he knew Clark found himself falling through the blackness of space before slamming down hard onto the ground. After that Clark looked around but couldn't see a thing. Then he heard a voice, the voice of a familiar woman.

???: Jonathan! Jonathan look, it's....a ship!?!

Then came another familiar voice, this time a man's voice. The voice belonging to the one the woman was talking to.

Jonathan: careful Martha that thing might still be hot!

Clark mind: mom? dad?

Next thing Clark knew something opened up and their standing over him was his parents. Not his birth parents but his mom and dad that raised him, Jonathan and Martha Kent. Next thing he knew Clark began to see different parts of his life. All the birthdays and friends, the times he got in trouble and the bullies, the good and the bad. All the memories lead up to one, the one, the memory of when Clark learned that even with all his powers he couldn't save everybody.

Clark: dad.

Clark found himself standing over his father's grave.

Clark: all these powers and I couldn't even save him.

Clark clinched his fists in complete anger of his failure. At this moment he wanted nothing more then to hit himself for not being able to save his father. Clark wanted to scream, rage out against something, fight. As he was feeling all this, as these feelings were beginning to rise he felt it. A small delicate hand found it's way into his. It made Clark lose the strength keeping his had clenched and relaxed in its grip.
Finally looking over Clark saw his mother. Clark continued to look at his mother but she didn't look back. Instead Martha continued to look down at Jonathan Kent's grave with a smile filled with sadness but also remembrance. Remembrance of happier times that now only existed in bitter sweet memories.

Martha: you know he believed in you.

Clark: mom?

Martha never took her eyes off of Jonathan's headstone.

Martha: never once did he doubt the kind of man you would become. He always told me that you were sent here for a reason and that reason would change the world.

Martha finally looked away from the grave and up at Clark with a warm motherly smile.

Martha: he never once stopped believing in you Clark, even when you made mistakes. Remember that son, always remember that.

After that everything began to fade to black once again. But as it began to fade Clark began to wake up. Slowly he began to open his eyes, blinking to get the sleep out of them.

Clark: what happened?

Clark didn't notice it at first but eventually it hit him.

Clark: my voice? I sound so weak.

Clark then went to sit up from the bed he found himself on, only to realize how difficult it was for him to do so.

Clark: I don't just sound weak I feel weak too.

Clark then went to us the moment in swinging his arms to get up. When he did so he saw them. His arms were shriveled up skin and bones.

Clark: what? What's happened to my arms?

Looking around the small room Clark found himself in, he began to take in what there was. It didn't take Clark long to do so as the room itself was very small. There was the bed he was lying on, a few random boxes, a sink, and a mirror. Above everything else in the room it was the mirror that got his attention. He wanted, no he needed to see what happened to him. See if the rest of him looked like his arms.
Struggling Clark managed to roll himself off the side of the bed he was lying on. When he hit the floor Clark found himself feeling pain from such a mundane injury for the first time. Slowly he began to feel something he hadn't in a long time. Not since he first discovered his super speed and got himself lost in the woods. Clark was beginning to feel helpless and afraid again just like he did as a small boy. As quickly as those thoughts came to him though Clark shoved them away.

Clark mind: I can't think like that, not now. I need to see what's wrong with me, then find out where I am. And those thoughts won't help me with that.

Clark rolled onto his stomach and slowly began to crawl across the floor. It didn't take him long to get to the sink that the mirror hung over. Reaching up Clark grabbed the sink, first with one hand, then with the other. Finally with the last of all the strength he could must Clark pulled himself up. It was tough but he managed it. What he saw though when he looked into the mirror nearly made him fall back to the ground. Staring back at Clark from the mirror was a skin and bones, zombie like version of himself.

Clark: what's happened to me!?

Clark tried to continue keeping the feeling of fear and helplessness away but after seeing himself in the mirror it was starting to come back. Then without warning the strength he had in his legs gave and he fell. The landing on the ground wasn't pleasant and Clark hit hard. Groaning Clark continued to lay there trying to regain what little strength he might have in him.
As he continued to lay trying to regain his strength the door to the room opened. Looking over Clark saw that a girl had opened the door. From what Clark could tell she was around his age. The girl was around five foot nine to five foot eleven with black eyes, and black hair.

???: what are you doing out of bed!?

Quickly grabbing him the girl pretty much man handled Clark back into bed. Even if he didn't want to get back into bed he knew he didn't have the strength to stop her. Plus he didn't want to stop her ether, the bed was more comfortable then the floor.

???: now stay there and don't get up.

The girl then turned to do something but before she could Clark grabbed her hand.

Clark: wait, where am I?

The girl turned back and just looked at Clark for a minute and he could swear she had pity in her eyes.

???: Amazon Headquarters.

Clark: what?