The God named Fred

After a half hour train ride the group reached the last station. This meant that they had to get off. When they did they found themselves in an industrial area with nothing but rail ways, warehouses and lots of snow. It was much colder here.

Percy: well at least we lost the helicopter.

Clark: g-g-great now w-we can f-f-focus 0-on getting h-hypothermia.

Normal Clark has a better tolerance for the cold. Really the cold weather isn't even bothering him. But since there are people around he needs to keep up appearances.

Zoe: let's see if we can find another train to ride.

They walked around the whole place looking for a ride but found nothing. They continued there search but all they ended up finding was a homeless guy standing next to a trash can fire.

???: y'all need to get warmed up?

With nothing else to do they all huddled around the mans fire.

Thalia: w-well this i-is g-great.

Bianca: m-maybe w-we should c-contact c-camp, talk to C-Chiron?

Zoe: no, they can't help us now.

Clark leaned over to Percy who was standing next to him.

Clark: w-what's Bianca t-talking a-about?

Percy: there's a camp to train kids like us and the one who does most of the training is Chiron.

Clark: C-Chiron a-as in t-the trainer of H-Heracles?

Zoe: we will finish this quest are selves.

Clark could tell that Zoe was madder for some reason but didn't know why. Did it have to do with Chiron. Or maybe it was Heracles. Before he could think about it more the homeless man spoke up.

???: you know you're never completely without friends.

Clark looked at the man and even with the dirt and grim on his face Clark could tell that he was kind. Or at least trying to be.

???: need a train going west?

Percy: know of any?

The homeless man then pointed a greasy finger at a train that Clark was sure wasn't there before. Clark's curiosity in this man was now peaked. However before he knew it the man was gone.

Clark mind: now I'm really curious.

For the next hour they road the train that the homeless man pointed out to them. Because the train was holing cars none of the group really sat together. Zoe and Bianca had there own car. Grover played race car drive in his car. Percy and Thalia talked in the car that she Hotwired. The only one who wasn't in a car was Clark.
He was standing outside on one of the train cars out of sight from everyone else. Being alone he didn't have to pretend he was cold or slouch over to make himself seem smaller and weaker. All he did was look up at the stars like he did every night.

???: you won't find the answers you're looking for up there.

Clark quickly whirled around to come face to face with the man who snuck up on him, which is impressive with the hearing that he has. When Clark saw the man it turned out to be the homeless guy.

???: take it easy I'm not hear to fight.

Clark didn't realize it but he had gotten into a fight stance. Slowly he moved to a more neutral one.

Clark: who are you?

???: well I can't really say right now do to this rule about gods helping demigods with quests......