Rise of the Superboy

Normal point of view

Far above the ground, soaring overhead was a normal airplane, one of many that flew around the world. This one had just left Washington and was now heading to North Carolina, a relatively normal kind of flight. And on this normal airplane that's flying a this normal flight sat a normal boy by one of the planes many windows.
This normal boy like most normal kids his age got board on these kinds trips and so remembered to bring a toy with him. The toy was that of a superhero, his favorite superhero, Captain Marvel also known as Shazam. The normal boy was playing with the toy by holding it up to the window making it look as though it was flying. That's when something not so normal happened to this normal boy playing with his toy.
What happened to the boy wasn't normal at all. Instead it was fantastical and something he wouldn't forget for the rest of his life. There outside his window the little boy saw an older boy. That alone wouldn't be unforgettable but do to the fact that they were in a plane thousands of feet up made all the difference.

Boy: (whisper) he's flying.

The little boy was right, just outside the plane's window was a flying boy. The boy in the plane continued to watch and saw that the flying boy noticed him. After being noticed the little boy gave the flying boy a nervous wave and to his surprise the flying boy smiled at him before giving him a wave back. This caused some of the nervousness to leave him. They boy then turned to his mother.

Boy: mom, mom, there's a boy flying outside the window, look, look!

The mother of the boy not even looking away from her magazine gave her son a half hearted response.

Mother: that's nice Billy.

Seeing that he wasn't going to get his mother to look the boy turned back towards the window. When he did though the amazing flying boy was gone. Disappointed the boy slumped back in his seat and looked at his toy wondering if he to could one day fly like that.

Clark's point of view

This was incredible, to think that he had a power like this one. Clark was so amazed by the fact that he could actually fly he didn't go straight home. Instead using his new ability Clark began flying all over the place. No real destination in mind.
It wasn't easy at first though, flying was pretty hard to get used to. The first couple of time he tried it Clark got pretty high up only to lose control and crash land. Even so he kept trying and now can fly fairly decently. He's even starting to get faster and with his flying too.

Clark: this is so cool!

After easily catching up to, flying along side, and waving at a little boy inside an airplane Clark took off like a rocket. Faster and faster he went trying to see just how far he could go. See just how much his body could take. The thing was that Clark continued to get faster but the flying didn't get harder. It was still as if he wasn't even trying.

Clark mind: this is incredible. Just how strong am I? Or better yet just how much stronger will I become?

It was then that Clark heard it, a noise, a voice, a cry for help. Not wasting a single second he shot off at blinding speeds towards the voice. It didn't take him long at all to get to the problem.
Arriving at the scene it didn't take long to figure out what was going on. At that very moment a military fighter jet was caught in a tail spin and was falling out of the sky. With his enhanced vision Clark could see that the cockpit's canopy was gone. However the pilot was still there.

Clark: they must have tried to eject but something went wrong!

Not able to just stand by and watch Clark hurled himself into action. Throwing his fists towards the plummeting fighter jet Clark began to fly after it. With his incredible speed he reached the jet in no time at all. Now all he had to do was figure out how to save the pilot before they hit the ground. No pressure.
As this was going on the pilots wingman who was in a fighter jet of his own was now swinging around to his parents location. He was hoping against hope that he could see her parachute. What he saw instead was mind blowing. There standing on the jet next to the cockpit was a boy. On his first pass the pilot thought he was just imagining things. That's when ground control came on over the radio in his helmet.

Ground control: fighter 2, fighter 2 did you see a chute?

The pilot was so stunned that he couldn't even speak.

Ground control: fighter 2 answer, did you see a chute?

Finally regaining some control over himself the pilot answered.

Fighter 2: negative I didn't see a chute! Swinging back around for another look!

If the pilot called fighter 2 thought he was shocked image how fighter 1 felt. As she was plummeting out of the sky with no way to eject fighter 1 thought this was it. She truly believed she was going to die. All because of a stupid rookie mistake in a training exercise. That's when she looked over and had the shock of a lifetime.
There on the fighter jet, crouched down next to her was a teenage boy no older then 16. Seeing the boy the pilot thought she was going crazy and hallucinating from the experience of her inevitable death. That is until the boy reached in and ripped out the belt straps that were holding her in. The pilot then knew she wasn't hallucinating when she felt the boy pick her up bridal style.

Pilot mind: this just feels to real to be me hallucinating.

The unbelievable boy that the pilot now couldn't pull her stares away from looked back at her and spoke.

Clark: hang on.

Then to the pilot's surprise they both seemed to stop falling. But they hadn't hit the ground yet because there was no impact. The jet also couldn't be stopping them because it was unflyable now too.

Pilot: how come we stopped fa.........

The pilot stopped before finishing the word falling when she looked down. The reason they had stopped falling was because they were flying, or in fact floating in midair. The pilots response to this was throwing her arms around Clark's neck and holding on for dear life.

Clark: easy now miss, I've got you.

Pilot: right but who's got you!?!

Hearing that Clark let out a light chuckle.

Clark: listen there's small a town near here, I'm going to drop you off there.

Pilot: drop!

The pilots grip tightened around Clark's neck even more then it already was. That was saying something too.

Clark: right, probably not the best choice of words. Let me start over, I'll sit you down there.

The pilots wingman in the other jet then shot past Clark a little ways away.

Clark: I'll even fly slow so that your friend can follow us. Sound good?

Clark may have asked the pilot one question but watching him being so calm in such a situation was amazing to her. So much so that she didn't answer his question and instead asked one of her own.

Pilot: who are you?

Clark let out a sigh of defeat. He couldn't tell her his real name which left only one name to tell her. A name that Clark really didn't like using. But Clark then gained a smile on his face when he suddenly remembered Thalia using the name. He still may not have liked it but the fact that his new friends didn't mind using it made it a little better. So looking at the pilot with that bright smile still on his face he told her.

Clark: I'm Superboy.