Clash of the Titans

Atlas stumbled to get up off the ground after hearing that Superboy was ready to end the fight. As soon as he was on his feet though he was knock back down to the ground. Superboy had closed the twenty foot gap between them by doing a flying Superman punch and cracking Atlas across the jaw. The sound of the punch when it landed was like that of a gun shot. That's when Atlas fell back down.

Atlas mind: how can this be happening?

Superboy didn't give much time to Atlas as he was on the ground. Artemis was getting tired from holding up the sky. So wanting to end things fast Superboy grabbed Atlas by his shirt collar with both hand and picked him up off the ground.

Superboy: get up!

Atlas wasn't done fighting though, not even close. Atlas gripped his hands together and by using his arms shot them both up knocking Superboy's hold off of himself. This move also left Superboy open for an attack so Atlas immediately threw a hook punch to his liver. Atlas then double hammer fisted the back of Superboy's head while he was bent over. This attack knocked him to the ground were Atlas then went for a curb stomp to his head.

Atlas: die mortal!

When Atlas went for the stomp Superboy rolled away making Atlas only hit the ground. After getting out of the way Superboy rolled to one knee before immediately launching off the ground at Atlas. Superboy then threw a big and powerful right punch that hit Atlas across the face. That attack was followed up by a left punch that also connected. Superboy continued to hit Atlas with right and left punches across the face. Each punch had a crack as loud as a gun shot.
As this was happening Thalia and the others, minus Artemis, watched in disbelief. Thalia was still having trouble wrapping her head around all of this. How is Clark the shy and timid boy she has grown to like Superboy. A boy who has powers and abilities that are on par with the Gods themselves.

Thalia mind: this is just to unbelievable. There is no way that Clark can be this Superboy. It can't be true but it is true, he is Superboy. Does that mean he's been lying to us, to me, this whole time?

Thalia then began to remember what Clark had said once. She remembered him saying that he doesn't like lying. She also remembered him say that he wasn't good at it either. Remembering all this Thalia began to think.

Thalia mind: no he didn't lie to us. Since we never asked him if he was this Superboy he never had to say anything.

Thalia then remembered all the unexplainable things that happened to them on the quest after Clark came with them. All of the things that saved there lives that they didn't understand. When she thought about all of that she couldn't help but laugh a little.

Thalia mind: we didn't even once expect that those strange occurrences might have been him.

Back to the fight Superboy and Atlas now had there hands locked with one another. The two began to test there strength against each other and tried to push the other back. At first neither one was gaining any ground on the other. But then Atlas slowly began to push forward as Superboy began to slide back. Slowly Superboy was beginning to lose this test of strength.

Atlas: can't you see that a mortal, no matter how powerful, can not hope to stand against me. I'll admit that you were strong but not strong enough.

Superboy eventually stopped sliding back across the ground and slowly began to drop to one knee. This was do to Atlas beginning to push Superboy down instead of back. Atlas wanted to make Superboy kneel at his feet before he killed him. With one hard push Superboy's knee slammed into the ground. He still tried to fight against the Titan general but it all seemed pointless.

Atlas: now that I have you kneeling at my feet I am going to kill you. Don't feel scared though, because of your impressive showing I'll make your death quick and painless. You also don't have to worry about going to the underworld alone ether.

Superboy: what?

Atlas: as soon as I'm done with you I'll be sending your friends there shortly after. That way none of you have to go it alone. Aren't I a nice guy?

Because of his powers growing up there wasn't much that Clark was afraid of. Really there was only ever two things. As he grew older and stronger Clark feared that he might accidentally hurt someone with his powers. The second fear was the fear of failure. Clark however didn't fear failing himself like most people do with this type of fear. No Clark was afraid that he would fail other people when they needed him most. Clark found away past this fear though. That way was to always win and that is exactly what he needs to do now.
Superboy gripped Atlas's hands in his own even tighter then before. Looking up the Titan saw that there was no fear in his eyes. No instead there was a look of determination.
Superboy slowly began to raise up off the ground. No matter how much force Atlas applied to his push he couldn't keep him down. Eventually Superboy was standing once again and this time was pushing Atlas back. Quickly looking past Atlas Superboy used his heat vision to cut Artemis's chains.
Superboy now bringing his full attention back to Atlas released one of the Titan's hands from his grip. Now with a free hand Superboy punched Atlas hard in the gut. The Titan doubled over from the shot but before he could even catch his breath, with the same hand, Superboy upper cutted Atlas in the chin. This attack stunned the Titan and as it did Superboy brought Atlas close.

Superboy: never threaten my friends again.

With Atlas in hand Superboy made his way over to Artemis. Once in front of her Superboy with one hand lifted the sky off of the Goddesses back. The Goddess happily stepped out from under the sky, with the help of Zoe and Bianca. Superboy then placed Atlas back under the sky were he belonged.

Superboy: know don't let me catch you doing anything like this again.