Superboy vs Helicoter

When Clark thought about how this day would go this was not what he imagined. Currently him and his new companions were weaving in and out of traffic at a speed that the van they were in shouldn't be going. At this rate someone might get hurt, a fact Clark decided to tell Zoe about.

Clark: uh Z-Zoe was it uh y-you might want to s-slow down a little bit before someone gets hurt.

Zoe: no time for that boy! We need to put as much distance between us and the skeleton soldiers!

It was obvious to Clark that she wasn't going to listen to him. So he just sat back in his seat and prayed that no one got hurt. Besides Clark knew that if he had to he could step in without being seen. That thought was pushed out of his mind when he heard thumping sounds getting closer to them.

Clark mind: a helicopter?

Clark turned in his seat and looked out the back window. Sure enough there coming straight at them was a helicopter. This wasn't any helicopter though, this was a black military helicopter. Clark thought it best to bring this to everyone's attention.

Clark: what's a military helicopter doing flying so low in the city?

Like Clark wanted this got the others attention. They looked where Clark was looking and saw the helicopter too.

Thalia: this isn't good, we need to get off of the road!

Grover: maybe the military will take care of it and will be fine.

Zoe: not likely.

Percy: those guys don't look like the skeleton soldiers?

Zoe: there most likely mercenary's.

Percy: as in mortals? But can't they see who there working for?

Zoe: most likely not but as long as they get payed it doesn't matter. Most mortals are terrible like that.

Clark: m-most mortals aren't like that.

Zoe: it must be easy to live a life of optimism boy.

Clark: it's even easier to mistake pessimism for wisdom.

Before a fight of ideologies could brake out Thalia stepped in.

Thalia: not the time guys! We need to worry about the helicopter first.

That's when Bianca spoke up.

Bianca: there! That parking lot!

Zoe: we'll be trapped there.

Bianca: trust me.

Trusting her friend Zoe shot across two lanes of traffic and into a mall parking lot. Clark was relieved that no one got hurt from Zoe's stunt. Quickly everyone got out of the van and followed Bianca. She lead the group down a set of stairs and to the subway.

Bianca: let's go south, Alexandria.

Everyone agreed without question and quickly bought tickets. Everyone got on the southbound train and eventually we were riding away from DC. As they were on the train everyone took the time to relax.

Grover: nice thinking Bianca.

Bianca: thanks. I remember being surprised myself when I saw the train station last summer when I was here with my brother considering that when we used to live here as kids it wasn't there.

This had gotten everyone's attention, especially Clark's. When he was preparing to come to Washington on the trip Clark decided to brush up on the city's history. Clark used his super-speed to read through a lot of books about the place. He remembered reading about the train station. There was no way that it was put in last summer. However before Clark could bring up that fact the helicopter returned.

Percy: we need to change trains next station.

And so began the game of run away from the helicopter. Clark and the others would change to a different train at almost every station. Even so the helicopter full of mercenaries was still able to find them. The next train they were about to get on wasn't do to leave for another five minutes. While the others saw this as bad, Clark saw it as the perfect opportunity to deal with their followers.
Stepping away from the group Clark walked around a corner of the station. When he was positive that no one could see him He began to change. First he took off his glasses then in one swift motion he ripped open his shirt. Under his plaid button up shirt was a black form fitting t-shirt with a white diamond shaped shield and white s in the center of it.
Using his super-speed Clark ran out of the train station so fast that no one could see him. Moving quickly Clark got to the helicopter that was a lot closer then he originally thought. With the helicopter in sight he jump up towards it. As soon as he reached it Clark grabbed ahold of the landing gear and began to force the helicopter down. Once they were back on the ground Clark reached up and ripped the main rotor off.
Once Clark was sure that the helicopter wouldn't follow them anymore he sped back to the train station. Quickly getting dressed again Clark ran back to his friends who didn't even realize he was gone until he got on the train.

Thalia: where were you?

Clark: s-sorry I got swept away by the crowd.

Percy: you're not from the big city are you?

Clark: no I'm from Smallville.

Grover: and where is that?

Clark: Kansas.

Thalia: so you're a small town farm boy?

Clark: how did you know?

Thalia just signed as she rubbed her temple.

Thalia: bring you along was probably a bad idea.

Zoe: I told you it would be. Mortals don't belong on quests.

Thalia didn't say anything and instead just shot Zoe a dirty look. Before any more could be said though Percy spoke up. But he didn't talk to Zoe or Thalia. Instead he spoke to Clark.

Percy: so you're from Smallville?

Clark: yup.

Percy: the newspapers are always talking about the strange things that go down there.

Clark: weird things do happen a lot back home.

Grover: yeah I remember reading about all of that stuff now. The weird things that go down but are always stopped by the Superboy.

This got the other's attention.

Thalia: the Superboy?

Grover: yeah, apparently the people who live there are always reporting the crimes or supernatural occurrences being stopped by a boy with superpowers.

Thalia: you really shouldn't believe everything you read.

Clark: I mean y-you never know what could be out there.

Thalia looked at Clark as if saying you can't be serious. Clark however just gave Thalia a smile in return.

Zoe: all that matters now is resting before we have to get off again so do it.