Hitchhiking to New York

Clark: you know I could get us there a lot faster right?

Zoe: of course I know that.

Clark: then why are we riding in the back of a truck then?

Not to long ago both Clark and Zoe left camp half-blood and began making there way to New York. The two of them started out on foot. They walked down the side of the road as Zoe was still to weak from her injuries to move at her full speed. After a while though a truck came driving by and the two managed to get a ride.

Zoe: because it's faster then walking.

Clark: that's true but I'm faster then driving so why am I not taking us there.

Zoe: because I will not be carried by a male!

Clark: but you were fine when I carried you to the camp.

Zoe: that was different!

Clark: how?

Zoe: because at that point I was dying! If it was any other time I wouldn't allow a boy to even touch me!

After her little outburst things got quite between Zoe and Clark. That is until one of them broke the silence. Surprisingly that someone was Zoe.

Zoe: sorry for yelling at you. You didn't do anything to deserve it.

Clark: hay it's ok, you really don't need to apologize. I'm used to stuff like this so it fine.

Zoe: what'd you mean?

Clark: nothing really just that I'm used to people doing stuff to me. It happens all the time at school. People see me as a nerd so they pick on me. So really I'm used to it.

Again it was quite but only for a second this time.

Zoe: why do you do it?

Clark: do what?

Zoe: why do you act like a weakling? Why do you let people pick on you? You have the strength of the gods so why let this happen?

Clark was silent for a minute. He was considering how to answer. When he finally did answer it wasn't what Zoe had expected.

Clark: I don't know.

Zoe: you don't know? What do you mean you don't know?

Clark: well it's not that I don't know I guess but it's just with all this power I have I could be a God to regular people. But the thing is I don't want to be. For as long as I can remember all I ever truly wanted to be was like them. I just wanted to be normal.

Zoe: why?

Clark: when I was younger and all my powers started to appear my parents wanted me to hide them from the world. They were afraid that someone would come and take me away if people found out. Because of this I always just longed for a normal life. But when I found out that I was actually an alien I knew that couldn't happen. That's why I hide myself as a regular clumsy shy highschooler. This why I can save people with my powers as Superboy and get to live a normal life as Clark Kent. By having a secret identity I get to live both ways. I like both lives and I get to live them without having to choose.

Zoe: so by having a secret identity you get to protect both regular people and your family?

Clark: actually yeah. Man that was a whole lot simpler then what I said. I really should have said that instead.

Zoe: what I still can't wrap my head around is the fact that you're an alien.

Clark: I know, I couldn't ether until I saw the spaceship that my parents sent me to earth in.

Zoe: do you know your parents? Your alien parents I mean.

Clark: no I don't. I don't even know why they sent me away. I just hope it was for a good reason and not that they just didn't want me.

Again it was quite between the two of them. It stayed quiet a lot longer this time. But Clark eventually broke the silence with his own question.

Clark: can I ask you a something?

Zoe: I don't see why not. I asked you a question so it only seems far.

Clark: why do you hate boys so much? I mean by the way you said boy when yelling at me and how you never referred to me by my name it seems you don't like the opposite gender to much.

Zoe: it's not that I hate males, in fact I've met a few good one in my thousands of years living. What I don't like is male heroes.

Clark: why?

Zoe: because there all alike. All they care about is the glory and being remembered.

Clark: surly there not all like that, I mean Percy doesn't seem that why.

Zoe: no the son of Poseidon is different from most.

Zoe then turned and looked at Clark.

Zoe: why did you not include yourself with Percy. Do you only help people for the glory?

Clark: it's not like that, it's just that I don't see myself as a hero. I save people because it's what a want to do. It makes me happy.

Zoe: I see.

Clark my not have thought of himself as a hero but right now Zoe did. For the first time in her life Zoe has met a male who is the true embodiment of what a male hero should be. She would never tell any one that though, not even Clark.
After driving for a little while Zoe and Clark had reached New York City. That's when the two had to get off though. They were heading for the Empire State Building and the truck was not. After getting off the two began there walk. They weren't to far away so it didn't take long before Clark and Zoe were standing outside of the famous building.

Clark: this is the first time I've ever seen the building not in picture form.

Zoe: unfortunately this is as far as you can go.

Clark: what?

Zoe: mortals aren't aloud on Mt.Olympus.

Clark: I see. I'll wait here then.

Zoe gave Clark a node before walking into the building. Clark then did what he said and waited. That is until he began to hear multiple crimes happening. That's when his hero complex kick in and took over.

Clark: while I'm waiting I might as well do some good.