-18-

"You boys done with your secretive talk?" You chuckled and dal turned around to see you were walking towards soda and him.

Johnny waiting by the church and sitting throwing rocks around.

"Yeah we're done, dal is a rather sweet guy once he has a girl on his shoulder huh?" Soda winked at dal.

Dal just rolled his eyes, he wasn't wrong dal had changed but it was a welcomed one. He wasn't so reckless anymore. He actually thought about consequences and how they would effect you and johnny. Getting out of the town seemed to make him feel better. Maybe because you three weren't branded as greasers but just people.

That was a funny thing. We only knew how to be greasers. And now we are just learning how to be people. The world is funny like that. It's a experience you wished pony could feel.

I think he would of liked it here. It's almost peaceful. But I'm sure he rather stay with his brothers. And also I feel like he'd cry if we tried to cut his hair.

The kid put too much pride in his hair, more than soda or even darry. And darry never had a single hair out of place  on his head.

You sighed as it was the day for soda to leave once again. You and dally sat outside of the church as soda walked down the hill. Going in his car and driving off, you rested your head on dally.

Soda said he would come back at the end of the week, and bring back the money he made selling your old belongings.

"You think when we live in Mexico we will pick up the language?" You ask dally who was looking up at the stars.

"I don't know, hopefully. It will be rather hard to live there if we don't try" he chuckled kicking the dirt. He would look back and see a sleepy johnny on the floor, too worn out he didn't make it to his small mattress on the floor.

"It's surreal, that this has all happened. I still can't get over it you know." You say.

"Sometimes I wonder if I hadn't met you, what I would of done. What story would my life had taken? Would I be in jail or dead on some street?" Dally said. No tone in his voice. He was really cold.

"Now don't say that dal, don't even think about something like that. You're here with me now, and that's what's important." You say.

"Yeah, that's what's important." He says hugging you tightly.

You look towards the city, and see cop cars strolling by. You watch and assume they would head into the town. But no. They almost seemed like they were getting closer.

"Dal we need to go, I think those cops are coming here. Quick get johnny." You say holding onto one of johnnys arms trying to wake him up.

He does but his mind was still in dreamland he wasn't able to do much. Dal picked him up and threw him over his shoulder, and the two of you bolted down the other side of the hill. Running to hide behind some bushes.

"What's going on, I wonder why they are here." You sigh and hide terrifying. Knowing the cops will see signs that people had been living there.

" They seem to be setting up camp. I think someone found us out. We need to leave. Before we are trapped here." Dally says.

"Leave? Leave where? Our things we need are in that church." You say.

"I'm aware of that babe, but it's not like we can go get them now. I know cops, they aren't leaving that church, they will be waiting for us to come back." Dal says sighing. Kicking a rock in frustration.

"Is our money still there?" You say.

"Well. Most of it, we need that if we want to be able to leave." Dal sits.