-9-

"What the hell happened to your face?" My coworker kinda shouted.

I touched my face feeling nothing. I look at him with this blank expression.

"You have a hand print did someone slap you?" Your coworker says.

I just wanted to do my job not have a interview.

"I'm fine thanks" you said putting the snacks on the shelves and getting rid of the empty cardboard boxes.

You co-worker was Brad, some rocker guy. If anything he looked like the love child of James Dean and John Lennon. Of course that led to a lot of young girls coming in. But only to eye up brad and not get anything.

"Y/n, come one let's go on break. You hungry?" He said.

"Sure am are you gonna buy me something?" You smiled.

"Yeah come on, let's get some burgers from the corner here" he said we took off the uniform apron we would wear over our clothes. And closed the store for lunch break.
We went inside one of the restaurants and ordered our food. We sat at one of the tables outside that had those umbrellas that never were good at providing shade from the sun.

"Thanks for buying me lunch. I was starving I skipped breakfast" you said taking a bite from your burger.

"That's not good. You seem a bit more relaxed now. In the morning you looked pale as a ghost is everything alright?" Brad said.

You sighed "stuff at home but I rather not talk about it" you said eating your side of French fries.

"I get it, but know you can talk to me. Can't have my only coworker get hurt can I?" He smiled and laughed a bit.

You smiled and laughed back. "Thanks for asking though, that alone made me feel better." You said eating your burger.

"You know what always never fails to cheer me up?" He said.

You raised a brow.

"I'll be right back" he said heading to the ordering booth again. You just ate your burger and fries. You finished by the time brad came back. He had two pieces of chocolate cake. It had chocolate frosting and looked like it was made this morning.

"Woah" you say. He chuckled. He haded you a slice.

"Cake here is amazing." He said eating the cake right away. You took a bite and he was right the cake was really good.
After more chatting about new music you two headed back to work and worked.

After the day was over you walked to your motorcycle behind the store and you waved bye at brad. Who agreed he would lock up for the night. He waved back and smiled. Before you left you had bought some supplies to make a chicken soup today. You felt like making something.

Johnny has been eating out to much. He needs a home cook meal.

Why am I treating him like a child?

You headed home and walked inside your bag of supplies in hand. The living room was empty and the kitchen as well.

"Johnny?" You yelled. Nothing. You assumed he might of gone somewhere and would be back soon. Pony maybe went home seeing he had school.

You started cooking cutting up vegetables and cooking the chicken. You made the soup and restocked the fridge with coke. You looked at the time and it was getting late.

"Johnny?" You said.

"Hi y/n" you heard a soft voice respond.

Johnny was back. He still had some cuts on his face from what had happened last night. You cringed at it and Johnny's eyes went wide.