-3-

Fuck!

You fell on your back. Your back hitting the ground. You sat up and rubbed your back trying to ease the pain.

"You shouldn't have been hanging like a bat" dal said he looked like he was holding in laughter. But he still had a giant smile. He held out his hand and you grabbed it. He helped you up and you dusted off your clothes.

"Yeah now I'm gonna have a bruise" you said leaning on the jungle gym next to Dal.

"I'm sorry baby, you want me to kiss it better?" He smirked. You groaned annoyed that you couldn't talk to him with him making some dumb pick up line. You barley knew him and this made you feel like he did this with every other girl.

"Look, I'm not tolerating anymore of your flirting. You can either just talk to me normal or not at all." You said arms crossed just annoyed.

Dally looked at you he was shocked. He stood quiet and he sighed. It was more like a sigh that he knew he fucked up.

"I'm sorry, I know I've been saying that a lot. I've already made a bad impression on ya. But how about I get ya some icecream?" He said a different tone, but he still have a smile on his face. You rolled your eyes but nodded.

You two left the park and headed to town. The busy streets having a gray tint to it. Many people heading to work. You sighed knowing you would have to do the same tomorrow.

You and dally headed toward a small icecream shop. You sat at a table and just waited for Dal to sit down. He instead went ahead and bought icecream and brought them over.

He sat down and handed you a icecream it was strawberry. You just ate it, it was pretty warm out.

"So what made you come down here? It's such a shitty place to live in." He said.

"Well a home is cheap, and the jobs pay well if your work in the soc area." You said.

"Really that's all?" He said.

"I rather not talk about it dal." You said.

"You're a bit of a heart breaker huh?" You said rasing a eyebrow.

He looked up at you his eyebrows raised up a bit.
"Yeah, how did you find out?" He said.

"Judging by the girls who stare at you when they walk by. And how they look like they wanna murder me" you had noticed all the girls giving you death glares.

"Oh really, yeah but I stopped sleeping with any of them a while ago." He said taking a bite of his icecream.

"Really so you were a little heart breaker. You stopped that's a shocker to hear" you say jokingly.

Dal let out a small chuckle, "no it's that I had a girl. I liked her, I got sent to jail and found out she was two timing me while I was gone." He said.

"Oh, I'm sorry dal." You said resting your hand on top of his to comfort him.

"You really are nice huh?" He said.

You looked at him confused. Yeah you were nice but what was wrong about it.

"You are trying to make me, a jerk, feel better. When I've just been annoying you." He smiles.

"Well I've been raised to be nice to people. I can't change it." You say

"No, it's nice but you gotta be careful. People here always take advantage of nice folk" he says looking around.

"Like you?" You say teasingly.

He chuckles but doesn't say anything. You take a bite of your icecream cone and hear someone say.