-16-

Eating burgers together was awkward. After the small marriage outlook, sitting down with one another to eat was a bad idea.

You just ate the burger eating some fries. Yes it was way better than eating another ham and cheese sandwich. You feel like you were gonna get sick if you had to eat those again.

"How was work johnny?" Dal asked looking at him. He wasn't sitting next to you like he usually does.

We should talk, if we don't keep talking with one another things aren't going to go well in our relationship.

"Work is fine, I'm getting a raise. So maybe we can get out of here sooner." Johnny smiled.

You smiled. Thinking about how Dal was planning about living together. You sighed.

"Dal?" You said looking over seeing how Dal had finished eating his burger.

He looked over at you, he nervous gaze telling you everything.

"Can we talk outside?" You said.

Dal stood up and you two walked outside. Dal followed you and you walked down by the hill. You sat down and patted down for dal to sit. He sat down no saying a word.

"I talked to johnny. I know why you are not looking for marriage." You said.

Dal sighed sadly.
"Is this a deal breaker for you?" He said.

You looked at him shocked.
"Of course not, I'm not going to break up with you cause you don't want to get married" you said holding his hand.

He smiled in relaxation. He felt like weight was lifted off his shoulders. He really didn't want to lose you. But he was really scared of marriage.

"Really? It's not that I don't want to get married. I just-" you cut dal off.

"It's okay dal" you said holding him close.

"Don't forget I love you, just cause I don't want to get married doesn't mean I don't love you with all my heart" Dal says. He held your hand and pushed a strand of hair away from you face.

You smiled and nodded your head. You would take those words to heart. There was no doubt in your mind that dal loved you.
You knew he loved you very much and he wouldn't do anything to lose you.

You rested your head on his shoulder. The two of you looking at the view.

"You said when we go to Mexico we will be away from people." You said.

I can't believe this is what we are doing, sure this is better than having dal go to jail for life. And possibly never seeing him again. But Mexico is so far away, and different. You felt kinda scared about going. It never hit you but this was a huge thing. Something you still couldn't believe you were doing.

Y/n running from the cops. I'm sure my family would be laughing. They never saw me as this, but oh well.

"Yeah?" He said, you looked at him. He took you away from your deep thoughts. And you tried to think about something else to talk to.

It wasn't important to tell dal about how you felt. Plus of you did you knew dal would of taken it as 'I don't want to go with you' which wouldn't be a good thing to happen.

"I feel bad about johnny being away from pony. Don't you miss your gang? I'm sure they are worried sick." You said.

"I sent a letter, they know where we are." He said, you didn't expect him to say that.

"You sent a letter? How?" You said looking at him.

"Since I'm working with a old friend, he sometimes goes over for business. He did me a favor to give it to Soda." Dal said. He was playing with a piece of grass. Usually tearing the grass and throwing it back on the floor. 

"Really? Do you think they'll send us a letter back?" You said, you missed soda and pony. Especially pony. He and johnny were like your little brothers.

"I'm sure they will. They know we are doing alright, and that we are hiding out here.  I told them our plan. And once we get to Mexico, I'll send them some letters. By then I'm sure the cops will forget about us or assume we are dead. So we can send them through the mail." Dal said.

"Yeah, I just hope they are doing alright." You said.

I wonder how they are doing. I wonder what pony is feeling. He really didn't get a chance to say bye to johnny. And plus I wonder what's happening with my home. I hope pony got some things his family could use. I wouldn't mind. Maybe they could of gotten new blankets or something. Sold my clothes and gotten some money.

"I like this" dal said.

"Hm?" You looked at him.

"Well, I liked that we could talk like this. Figure our problems out by talking. I like this. I never really did this with other girls" he said.

You sighed happily. Dal also recognized it, you felt happy that he noticed.

"Well it should happen. I want us to solve our problems together." You said kissing his hand. He blushed at the small gesture. Giving one of his award winning smiles.

He kissed you and you kissed back. He hugged you tightly. After the kiss you rested against dal's chest. Sitting on his lap.

"Would you ever want to adopt johnny?" You asked.

"Huh?" Dal said.

"Adopt him, so he could be our kid. I'm sure he would be really happy. We could be a family together." You said.

"Would you want that?" Dal said. He was in shock.

"Yeah I really would like that" you smiled brightly.

"You have such the sweetest ideas you know babe." He kissed your cheek. But you know dal was thinking about it. He didn't say yes but you know one day he will when he is ready.

Dal as much as a tough guy he showed off to be. You know he was a sweetheart, well to the people he cared about. It was a side of dal no one saw. But you and johnny. You couldn't help but smile when seeing this sweet dal.

I'm sure anyone else wouldn't believe that dal could be this sweet. They would think I'm crazy or something.

"I love you" you said. Holding his hand making sure you sounded very sincere.

"I love you too" dal said. Kissing your forehead. And sighing contently.

"Look at these two love birds" you heard someone yell out from behind making the two of you jump.

It sure wasn't johnny's voice so it made the two of you jump faster and more scared. You hid behind Dal before turning around.

And your fear turned into joy. You smiled bright and ran to the person. A big hug was in coming.

"Soda!" You smiled brightly.