-19-

"Aw look the two of you look like a married couple" you hear a voice call.

"Dal, we got your car here. Two bit was able to call one of his buds to change the color. So you'll look different." You hear a deeper voice say.

"Look how sweet dal is, he doesn't wanna wake up his girl. Never thought I'd see this" you hear the voice chuckle again.

You shift and wake up saying the first thing or rather question.

"Soda?" You say still half awake. You sit up and see dal was under you. You were resting against his chest.

You looked at the guests. And you smile bright, you almost trip out of bed as you run up to hug the three of them.

"It's the three brothers! You guys came!" You said excited. Pony looked at you, he looked the same as the day you left. Not a hair out of place. You couldn't help but feel relief because of that. You looked at soda who looked happy, and darry. The tough guy with his serious face. Now had softened and he smiled.

"You guys look great, it's really nice to see all of yall" you said letting go of them. Pony didn't let go he hugged tight. You just hugged him and kept conversations going.

"Well it's nice to you to, you here changing dally every time I see you. Next time we see dal I'm sure he'll be a husband and everything" Soda winked at dal. He was still siting on the bed, his hair a mess. Johnny was waking up rubbing his eyes.

We all turned to Johnny, Pony looked at him and smiled. He ran to hug his best friend. Soda went up to hug him as well.

"Wow Johnny, you've been growing" Soda said. They started laughing and kept talking until you heard darry clear his throat.

Soda stopped talking and we all turned to him.

"Pony, Johnny, stay here and start packing Johnny. We just need to talk with dal and y/n alright" darry said.

You looked over at dal kinda scared. The tone of the room shifted. Soda looked at us and gave us a smile reassuring us it was okay. Dal sat up and went up to you. Holding your hand as the four of you walked out of the motel room. Heading away from the door so the boys wouldn't hear.

It was still dark out, it must of been 2 in the morning. It was cold out, but it was better for us. This was the perfect setting for our goodbyes.

"We got all your things everything's in the car. There's a notebook under the passenger seat. It has our numbers and addresses. Call or write to us when you get there alright?" Darry says.

"We will, the minute we get there." Dal says.

You sigh, you didn't want to mention it. But you had to ask.

"Did johnnys folks say anything? Or know where he is?" You say looking up at the two brothers.

Soda sighs and places his hand on the back of his neck. He looks at darry who had his head down arms crossed.

That wasn't a good sign.

"I know those guys are awful, but they haven't noticed or cared about johnny?" You ask.

"Well, they did come to ask us. But really they only asked if Johnny had died. We thought they were worried and said no." Soda says.

Darry cuts in "We were going to tell them he was with you guys. But after hearing he wasn't dead they just left. They didn't want to know where he was"

You sigh.

"I just wouldn't know what to tell Johnny if he asks" you say.

"I know, we thought his folks would call the police since he's been gone. But no." Soda said.