prologue

first year

"Tetsu what the hell! Put me down you stupid rooster head!" I yelled at the second year boy who just threw me over his shoulder. "I already told you I turned in my application to coach Nekomata this morning! You don't have to drag me there! If anything, Kenma should be the one you have to drag to the gym!"

"Nah, I took his game so he has to come if he wants it back. Carrying you is just for fun because I know it irritates you. Don't worry, I'm holding your skirt down," the idiot middle blocker replied. I sighed in defeat, knowing by now that he wont put me down until we get there.

"How many other first years are there?" I asked as I tried to straighten up his hair some.

"There's two other than Kenma. You're the only manager. Alright, we have arrived. Down you go shorty," Kuroo said as he set me down outside the gym.

"About time," I told his and I rolled my eyes as we went our separate ways to change. Once I finished I left to meet with coach Nekomata and coach Naoi to see what my duties would be like. I bumped into someone as I was going to enter the gym, causing my clipboard and water bottle to fall out of my arms. Before I could bend down to pick them up, they were already being handed back to me. I looked up to see a boy with a mohawk holding my things out to me while bowing low.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going and I caused you to drop all of your stuff please forgive me!" He said so fast that I was barely able to catch what he said. I giggled and shook my head at him.

"It's okay! I wasn't paying attention either. I'm Tanaka Suki, year one class four. I'm the new manager!" I introduced myself as I opened the gym door to walk in. He quickly ran over and held the door for me.

"A goddess shouldn't have to hold a door for herself! Yamamoto Taketora, year one class one. I'm a wing spiker and I'm going to be the next ace! Nice to meet you Tanaka-kun!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the last couple of months, a weird tension formed between Kenma and Yamamoto. What I didn't expect was to walk in from filling up the water bottles to a soaking wet Kenma and Yamamoto, while Shōhei stood beside them with a now empty bucket. All three boys stood frozen as I entered the gym, waiting for me to say something. I turned to Shōhei and sighed.

"Do I even want to know?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tora died his mohawk blond, then Kenma died his hair blond, so I decided to join the party and dye half of my hair blonde too.

this is what her hair looks like

"Tanaka-chan, why did you bleach your hair?" Yaku asked as he helped me wash out the bottles after practice.

"Well Ken and Tora did it, so I wanted to do it too! I tried to get Shō to do it with me so all of us first years could match, but he didn't want to, so I didn't want to force him," the small manager replied with a huge smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"BOKUBRO!"

"KUBRO!"

I let out a dreamy sigh as Bokuto Kōtarō walked into the gym, energetically greeting Tetsu, Akaashi Keiji following not far behind.

"He really is nice to look at every day."

"AHH!" I yelled in shock. I turned to see one of Fukurōdani's managers laughing at my reaction. "Kaori senpai~~. You can't sneak up on me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry Suki-chan, you were just in your own little bubble. It's not my fault you were too busy checking out our ace and setter to hear me walk up," the older girl said through her laughs. I had a pout on my face, but quickly accepted her hug when she offered one to me. "I missed you kid."