7.

suki

Tora and I smirked at Ryu and Noya threw the net, breathing heavy as we took another win from them.

"I love training camp," I thought out loud as I laid on the cold floor. "I get to play so much more than normal practices. I miss it."

"You could always join the girls team," Kuroo said for the thousandth time. I shot a glare his way, making him put his hands up in surrender. "I know you hate the coach, but at least you'd be playing."

"As much as it pains me to admit, he does have a point you know," Yaku agreed as he handed Tora and I water bottles. I let out a groan as I sat up to drink.

"Not you too Mori senpai," I whined. "Besides, if I start playing who's going to take care of the boys next year?"

"The only way you're allowed to leave us is if you decide you want to play," Kenma stated as he sat next to me, Tora nodding in agreement.

"We'll see. I'll make you guys a deal, if they get a new coach I promise to at least try out the team and see how I feel," I told them as we stood up to clear the court for the next round of matches. "I'm still friends with the girls and they've been telling me they're supposed to have a new coach next year. Apparently I'm not the only one who has problems with her."

"Damnit Lev! Stop leaving a gap between your arms! How many times do I have to tell you?!" I yelled from the bench. "I'm going to make him block until his arms fall off when we get back to school."

"Don't go too hard on him now," coach chuckled beside me. "You know Yaku's already got him that way with receives."

"At least he's getting better with them now that Shiba-chan and I have been helping him. I can't find a way to get him motivated with his-" I stopped mid sentence as Hinata's spike caught my eye from across the gym. They boys walked over for a time out and I smirked over at Lev, causing everyone to tense up.

"Why is she looking at me like that," the half Russian whispered to his upperclassman, sounding very worried.

"Lev, sweetheart," I started with a sickly sweet tone before I dropped to a dead serious face. "How do you ever plan on beating Hinata and his spikes with those sloppy ass blocks of yours?"

It was as if the boy was shocked with lightning, the reaction instantaneous. He got poutingly serious as he turned to watch the orange boy jump for another spike.

"Captain, I need you to help me with my blocks during individual training today," Lev stated as they walked back onto the court, the first year asking a million questions as they went.

"I see you were finally able to light a fire under his ass," coach joked as we watched the match with Shinzen continue.

"What better to use against him than his rival surpassing him because his technique is sloppy," I responded with a smirk.

"It's true you know," coach spoke after a couple minutes of silent observation. I sent the man a confused glance, silently asking him to elaborate. "I overheard you and the boys earlier, and it's true. The girls really are getting a new coach next year. Do you want to know who it is?"

"Part of me does, but from the way you said that it's worrying me. I don't want to leave the boys on their own," I frowned at the thought. "At the same time though, I really miss playing and it sounds like I'm going to love the new coach."

"Oh don't you worry about this lot, they'll be just fine. Besides, you have the rest of the year to find someone to replace you. I know you'll miss them, but you'll always be welcome at our practices and I know you'll still be at all of the matches," Nekomata reassured. "You love the sport Suki, it wouldn't be fair to yourself to miss out on yet another year of playing over something so silly."