10.

suki

"Welcome to hell week boys," I smirked as the two younger managers stood on either side of me. "Our coaches have staff meetings, therefore it's been left to me to run today's practice. We have one week left until qualifiers, so it's time to really get down to business. Better stretch good boys, you're gona need it."

After my little speech, Niiama took it upon himself to walk around singing I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan while Sasaki filled the water bottles. Once everyone was done and hydrated, I clapped to catch everyone's attention.

"Alright boys, let's start today off with a hundred serves!"

"Coach really wasn't kidding when he warned that practices would only get tougher the closer it got to the tournament," Sasaki mentioned as the boys played three on three matches.

"We have to make sure they're prepared for anything the other teams may throw at them," I explained "tomorrow we're moving to the two on two matches Niiama suggested to help their endurance and quick thinking."

"Ha! Take that you stupid rooster!" Yaku yelled across the net as he got a shot past the taller boy's block. Sasaki and I made eye contact before I blew my whistle.

"Alright guys, I think we'll call it there for the day. Make sure you get a good stretch after cleaning up," I announced, causing the boys to drop the the floor and cheer.

"Niiama, have I ever told you how much I love having you around?" I asked after he walked around singing Almost There from Princess and the Frog while the boys were finishing up their stretches.

"About every other day senpai, but it's still nice to hear," the boy laughed.

"Remind me that we should have a Disney movie marathon for our next team bonding night after we make it to nationals," I told the first year with a smile. He sent a salute my way before walking off to join the other first year boys. I looked over to the girl standing beside me and smiled. "How have you been getting along with the boys Sasaki?"

"They're all very sweet," she admitted with a smile. "Yaku-senpai helped me with a bit of maths homework last week, Kuroo-senpai has been helping me better understand the rules and basics of volleyball better, and Yamamoto-senpai always holds doors open for me and offers to help me with things. Kenma-senpai showed me how to play one of his games and Fukunaga-senpai always tells really funny jokes. The first years are all really sweet as well, we have a study group together."

"That makes me really happy," I told her as I ruffled her hair. "What do you say we leave practice to the coaches and Niiama tomorrow and have a girls day? There are some errands I need to run for the team and it would be much more fun with someone else to join me."

"That sounds great senpai!" She agreed, eyes and smile brightening up.

"Great, we're going to have so much fun," I assured her. "Alright boys, let's get going. You all need your rest to get through the remainder of this week."

~

"Why are you still in your uniforms Suki-senpai, Sasaki-chan?" Lev asked while the boys were stretching.

"Well Aki-chan and I have some errands to run today, so you'll be under the watchful eye if the coaches while Niiama here runs you through the endurance training he set up for all of you," I smiled proudly as I watched the first year smirk at the team. "Ah, I feel like a proud mother."

"Don't worry senpai, I'll whip em into shape," the younger manager smirked.

"I feel very worried," Shiba-chan though aloud while continuing his stretching.