13.

suki

"Alright boys!" I called out as I clapped to catch their attention. "Bring it in, I have some news for you."

The team all made their way over and we all sat in a circle.

"As some of you may already know, I've spoken to all of your parents and gotten permission for a week-long trip," I started explaining. A couple of heads nodded, but everyone shared looks of confusion. "Next weekend we'll be heading down to Miyagi to support our friends over at Karasuno, so we can be there when they make their way to nationals."

The boys all broke out in cheers, talking about the different things they would do during the stay. I lightly blew the whistle around my neck to focus them back in.

"You'll need to pack your practice uniforms as well, we'll be playing practice matches the weekend before to help everyone feel ready for the week to come," I smiled over at them. Yaku started to raise his hand, but I cut him off. "No, Yaku. I don't care that the boot is finally off your foot, the doctor said you weren't allowed to play for another two weeks. You'll be helping Aki-chan and Karou while I rotate with Yukie so he doesn't get overworked."

The third year deflated a bit but nodded in understanding.

"Now that's it for today, so let's knock out some stretches and then get the gym cleaned up before we head home."

"Hey, coach?" I asked as the boys finished cleaning up the gym. "Can I drive to Miyagi in my car?"

"I don't see why not," Naoi responded, looking over to Nekomata who nodded. "Do you plan to take anyone with you? Or ride by yourself?"

"Well my dad, aunt, and uncle are all driving over themselves to watch Ryu so I was thinking of asking Karou and Aki-chan," I thought aloud. "Have one ride there and the other ride back."

"Just let us know tomorrow before we leave so we know," Nekomata smiled over at me.

"Awesome! I'll see you in the morning! Night coaches!" I cheered as I made my way towards the club room. I noticed a mop of curly hair in front of me and called out to the boy. "Karou! Wait up!"

Said boy stopped and waited for me to catch up to him.

"What's up senpai?" He asked as we started walking towards the school gates together.

"You wana ride with me tomorrow instead of taking the bus?" I grinned up at him, already confident in what I believed his answer would be.

"Hell yeah!" He cheered. "I'll make us a playlist for the drive!"

"Betttt. I'll take care of snacks and drinks!" I cheered as we high-fived. "Just meet here in the morning with the rest of the team and we'll leave from here with them."

"You got it senpai," the boy saluted with a smirk. "I'll see you tomorrow!"

I giggled at his enthusiasm and playfully rolled my eyes. My attention was drawn elsewhere by the buzzing of my phone.

Taichiii ✌︎('ω')✌︎
I hope you're ready to lose tomorrow :p

Me
Die <3
Jk, we'll definitely come out on top tho

Taichiii ✌︎('ω')✌︎
I highly doubt that lmao
See you tomorrow whore <3

Me
See you tomorrow asshole <3

"How come the first year gets to ride with you???" Tora threw a fit.

"Because the first year can name every modification I've made to my car. Can you do that Tora?" I teased with my head tilted to the side.