15.

suki

"Don't worry Yukie, you're going to do great. Just think of it like practice matches with Bokuto okay? They're right next to each other in rank, and you receive Bo's spikes all the time!" I cheered on the first year.

"You're right, I can do this," the boy nodded in determination.

"And remember, if you start to feel overwhelmed just take slow, deep breaths and recenter yourself. You can do this," I ruffled his hair as he walked past me to take his place on the court.

"He's gona freak out the second that spike comes near him," Karou pointed out.

"I know, but Yaku and I wont be here to save his ass next year. I can't keep babying him the way I have been," I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair. "He has to learn how to stand on his own. We know he can do it, but he doesn't know he can do it. Not yet. We have until the end of the year to show him that, then he's on his own."

"Yaku-senpai told me he plans on working with him more once we get back home."

"Good, that'll help him a lot."

"Alright Yukie, do you feel okay to go in another set, or do you need me to switch in?" I asked the boy in front of me.

"I think I'll be okay," he replied shakily. "I think I'm starting to finally pick up his spikes, I want to see if I can do that before the end of the match. The spin is crazy."

"It really is a nasty spin. Alright. Take a second to relax before you have to go back out there," I told him before walking over to Yaku.

"He's doing better than I thought he would. He isn't running from the spikes like I suspected he would with how scared he was originally," the third year noted.

"He did scream a little the first time one was sent his way though," I chuckled. "He wants to stay in for the third set. He said feels close to picking up Ushijima's spike."

"I'm proud of him," he smiled. "He's come a long way."

"I am too," I agreed as the team took the court for the last set.

"Let's see how this goes."

"YES YUKIE!!" I jumped up and screamed as he was finally able to receive one of Ushijima's spikes. "THAT'S WHAT I CALL A RECEIVE!"

Sadly, Taichi shut down Tora's spike, giving them the last of all three sets.

"You did so well!! I'm so proud of you!!" I assured Yukie as I ruffled his hair. "You guys all take 10 and hydrate, we'll start three-on-threes soon after."

"Yo Suke," Kuroo called out.

"What's up Tetsu?"

"Who's that guy with the coaches?" He asked as he motioned his head in their direction. I noticed a taller man in a suit. I shrugged and turned back to him.

"I've never seen him before."

"That's one of the coaches for the all-japan team," Tai said as he draped himself over my shoulders. "I guess he's here to see how Ushijima is doing."

"Guess so," I shrugged. "You should head back to your team, we're starting soon."

He ruffled my hair as he walked off.

"How is this even gona work?" Tetsu asked.

"The coaches are literally just going to call three of us at random and that's our team for the round. First team to 10 wins," I explained. "They may even mix the two teams together. I'm kinda excited to see who all I get paired with."