16.

suki

"I'm sorry," I said as I stared up at the ceiling. I sighed and turned my head to look over at dad and Dom. "I didn't mean to snap at you like that."

"It's okay," dad dismissed.

"But it's not," I stressed. "I was upset and extremely out of line, especially with you uncle Dom. So I'm sorry."

"You're right, that fighting comment was very out of line, but with all of us raising you it should have been expected," Dom chuckled lightly.

"Which brings us to our next point," Letty started. "We're sorry too. We know that there's a lot about Cat that you want to know, and we've been really shitty about talking to you about her. We promise we'll try to do better with that."

"I get it, it's fine," I shrugged as I looked back up at the ceiling.

"It's not fine," dad cut in. "Losing Cat hurt all of us, but a lot of the time we forget that you lost your mother. You deserve to know who she was too."

"Thanks guys," I gave them a small smile as I pushed myself up off the floor. "I need to head out, I have to stop by the store on the way to the house we rented for the week. I promised the boys I'd cook for them after how hard I worked them this weekend."

"The stuff you asked me to bring from home is in the kitchen. We'll see you tomorrow," dad promised as he pulled me into a hug. "Let Ryu know you're leaving so we don't have to hear him complain all night."

"Yeah, yeah. I know how he is," I chuckled as I gave Dom and Letty a quick hug. I popped outside where Ryu and Noya were kicking a volleyball around. "I'll see you guys later, I have a few people I wana see while I'm here. If I don't see you before, I'll see you at the arena tomorrow."

"Bye Suke!" Noya called with a wave.

"Have fun!" Ryu yelled as he kicked the ball past Noya. I chuckled and made my way back through the house, grabbing the necessities from the kitchen on the way out.

"Tell uncle Zashi I'll see him later when he gets back!" I called out as I put my shoes back on my feet. I climbed in the car and decided to head to Ukai's store to get the rest of the things I needed.

"Nekoma Tanaka, I didn't expect to see you until tomorrow," Ukai grinned as he put out the cigarette he held.

"You do know you can just call me Suki, right coach?" I laughed as I walked to grab a basket. "I promised the boys I'd cook for them tonight, so I came get some supplies."

"Nah, I think I'll stick with Nekoma Tanaka," he grinned. "Let me know if you need any help."

"Are the boys nervous at all?" I asked as I started putting everything on the counter.

"I think they're more excited and determined than they are nervous," he chuckled.

"Yeah, that sounds about right," I smirked.

"How was Shiratorizawa? Ushijima hit as hard as they say he does?"

"Harder," I grimaced lightly, pulling up my sleeves to show the bruising I had from this weekend. The coach whistled.