2. welcome to happy harbor

Mount JusticeJuly 13, 11:16 EDT

Mount Justice
July 13, 11:16 EDT

    In a bright flash of light, a room of rock appeared with several faces staring at me. Some were more familiar than others, one of which being the woman I attacked when I had first woken up on this planet. The other being the boy with the black hair.

    "Batman," as he called himself, tried his best to orient me. How I am on a planet called "Earth," within the United States of America. With his help I was finally removed from prison, being transported to a city named "Happy Harbor." Beyond that, there was not much else he could do for me.

    "This is Iris," Batman announced. "She'll be staying in the cave with Miss Martian and Superboy."

    "Is she joining the team?" the boy with the black hair and covered eyes spoke up.

    It seemed everyone else in the room was waiting for an answer.

    "That will be decided in the future," Batman said.

    "For now, we'd like you all to help her adjust," the woman from my arrival said. "Iris is new to Earth, and I'm sure you all have many things you could teach her."

    "Don't worry!" the girl with the red hair and green skin said. "I'm new to Earth too. We could learn about it together—i-if that's okay."

    I opened my mouth to speak, only to lose heart halfway through and resort to a weak nod.

    "My name's M'gann, by the way, or Megan if you like. Either one works."

    "Do you have a mission for us?" the boy with the red hair suddenly asked.

    Once again, the group looked eager in waiting.

    "You'll be called for missions at the appropriate time," Batman said.

    "But it's been over a week—"

    "I suggest you all get Iris acquainted with the cave," the woman cut the conversation short, seemingly making an exit with Batman. She stopped, though, and put a hand on my shoulder. "The team will help you settle in, but I've informed Red Tornado to contact me if you need anything."

    What would I need from her?

    "I hope to see you again soon."

    With that, she and Batman disappeared through another flash of light, and her title became known to me: Wonder Woman.

    "So... this must be a major step up from prisoOw!"