6. tower of terror

a doctor who, harry potter, and young justice inspired halloween in july. enjoy <3

Mount Justice
August 19, 19:39 EDT

Mount JusticeAugust 19, 19:39 EDT

    "Initiate combat training."

    Why I continuously let myself abandon the isolation of my room was beyond me. The simultaneous noise from the boys sparring, the girls gossiping, and Wally eating was too much for my sensitive ears to take. Not to mention, every sudden, jarring noise made me break my graphite bar in half by accident.

    I was planted at the training ring's edge, the notebook propped up in my legs. What was left of the graphite bar carefully etched into the page and my skin. Every detail I could remember flowed down onto the page. Robin's face and eyes as I had seen them in the water.

    "Kaldur's, uh, nice, don't you think?" Artemis said, still unaware that I could hear them from across the ring. "Handsome, commanding. You should totally ask him out."

    "He's like a big brother to me. But you know who would make the cutest couple? You and Wally!"

    The same Wally whose disgusting slobbering over a burrito was sounding to my left.

    "You're so full of passion, and he's so full of... of..."

    I dug the graphite into the page a little harder, mumbling to myself, "It?"

    "It?" Artemis chimed. I didn't need super hearing to catch the fit of giggles that followed. "You know who I think will get together first? Iris and Robin."

    My hand stilled.

    "They're like magnets," M'gann cooed. "You know Wally told me he got in trouble with Batman because he was skipping school to come here and teach her stuff."

    I inched my knees higher, hoping the drawing was hidden, and that the notebook would cover my overheated face.

    "That's so cute."

    I jumped as Kaldur's back landed on the training floor, the graphite in my hand, once again, crumbling into pieces.

    "Failed. Aqualad."

    Carefully, I blew the excess crumbs of led off my page, hiding the picture away as Red Tornado flew down from his room.

    Wally ran to his feet. "Do you have a mission for us?"

    "Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility."

    "Yeah, well, the Batman's with the Robin doing the dynamic-duo thing in Gotham, but you're headed somewhere, right? Hot date? Or a mission?"

    "If we can be of help," Kaldur added.

    Tornado turned toward the computer. "This is Kent Nelson, a friend. He is 106 years old."