1. the end

Belle Reve
June 28, 23:27

    "Warden says you haven't left this room

    "Warden says you haven't left this room."

    Batman stepped into the private room, where the girl was slumped over the edge of her bed. She was wearing the same reinforced straight jacket they had dressed her in upon her arrival, along with the lost look she'd been maintaining since her fight with the League.

    "I thought you might want to eat." He set down a tray of dreary looking food, fully intending for it to taunt her. "Not hungry?"

    Her bright eyes narrowed into slits.

    "I hear Martian Manhunter has downloaded our language into your brain. According to his and Wonder Woman's interrogations you're harmless," Batman continued, careful not to take his eyes off of her in case she made any sudden movements. "I'm not so convinced."

    "The mind reading and magic rope were not enough for you?"

    An accent came through when she spoke. It resembled the harsh, unaesthetic sounds that jumbled together to form her original language.

    "I watched you make one of the most powerful beings I know bleed," Batman said. "Tends to make me not want to trust you."

    "And why should I trust you?"

    "Because I'm the one with your ticket to get out of this place."

    It's true, that the girl did not know how much longer she could stare at the four white walls, or how much longer she could surrender to the restraints of the straight jacket. She would only lose her mind more than it's already been lost.

    "What do you need to know?"

    "Everything."

    "I do not think you would understand all of it."

    Batman pulled the seat from her desk, and sat himself down. "Try me."

Mayilea
One month ago.

    Mayilea is—was—a planet rooted in magic.

    Magic was the blood that flowed through Mayilea's veins, sustaining the birth of a population divided between "Arcanes" and "Etheras," light and dark magicians.

    At the dawn of the planet, the first Mayileans sought out a way to manipulate the Aether, the fifth dimension that fills the space around us. In order to gather food and provide shelter, these Mayileans developed the abilities to warp spatial planes of existence, and harness raw Aetherial energy into its concentrated form: mayi.

    Small tribes turned into growing civilizations, and the need to wage wars demanded a new kind of power to emerge. This led to the birth of the Etheras, who learned to harness the magic found within: lea.