11. get traught

Gotham City
September 22, 18:26 EDT

I'm not sure what Batman had originally intended when he enrolled me in school, but I doubt spending lunch period making out with Adam Margrove while he slipped packs of cigarettes in my pocket was anything close to it. The issue was, I didn't understand what else I was supposed to do. I rarely saw Robin here, and Fawn overwhelmed me most of the time. Sneaking away like this, although it wasn't the best, was certainly not the worst I've experienced before. Besides, he'd buy me cigarettes and give me genuine company for a short while.

Being in the cave was just as disheartening as school. Superboy and M'gann spent most of their time together, off doing I don't know what. Wonder Woman had doubled down on my training, but our progress was slow, to say the least. And the team just felt so all over the place.

I know I used to insist on staying in my room all the time, but coming out to see no one here... it was lonely.

    "Iris, just who I was lookin' for!"

    Wally was in the kitchen, making himself a sandwich. "You were looking for me?"

    "Not necessarily." He slathered a life's worth of mayonnaise down, speaking gleefully. "But, now that you're here, I am."

    I sat at the counter, childlike in the way I was waiting for his next word.

    "I was thinking you could help me with something."

    "Sure, what is it?"

    "You know M'gann pretty well, right? Living with her and all."

    "Sort of? Not really."

    "Well, I was thinking you could help me out with her."

    Not understanding, "You want M'gann and I to help you?"

    "No, I want you to help me with M'gann."

    "...You just said the same thing."

    "To date her and stuff!"

    "Oh. You like M'gann?"

    "Duh!"

    "Why don't you just tell her, then?"

    "Iris, on Earth, we try to play with this thing called 'romance.' You have to ease into these kind of things," he gestured with his mayo covered hands. "I can't outright tell M'gann I like her. I have to woo her first."

    "Right. Have you attempted this 'woo-ing' on her before?"

    "A little bit."

    "Did she woo you back?"

    "I don't know," he frowned. "It was hard to get a read on her."

    "Have you ever considered that she does not feel the same?"

    "That's why I need your help!" he pointed his butterknife at me, flicking mayo into my face. "Sorry."