20. designed

Mount JusticeNovember 22, 09:42

Mount Justice
November 22, 09:42

"Rumaan Harjavti is the democratically elected President of Qurac. Harjavti has been praised as a fair, wise leader; a humanitarian. But five days ago, Harjavti allied himself with the dictator of the neighboring nation of Bialya: Queen Bee."

    "Not a fan."

    "Few are. But Harjavti suddenly backs Queen Bee's baseless claim that Qurac and Bialya were one nation in ancient times, and has announced the countries will reunify in two days at a ceremony in Qurac."

    "After the ceremony, I will step down as President so that our rightful monarch, Queen Bee, may rule." Batman replayed the footage of Harjavti's announcement, followed by Queen Bee's response speech. "I laud president Harjavti for unifying our peoples and I will gladly come to Qurac to be crowned the sole leader of our nation."

    "And the Quracies are okay with this?"

    "Hardly." Images of protest spread across the monitor. "They're well aware of the brutality of Queen Bee's regime, but Harjavti has censored the press, silenced all legitimate protest and invited the Bilayan military into his country to enforce martial law."

    "Queen Bee has to be controlling Harjavti," Robin said. "Doesn't she have the power to enthrall most men?"

    "And some women."

    Cool.

    I looked around the mission room to see everyone staring at me. "Did I say that out loud?"

    "But not long distanced," Batman continued. "And we have confirmation she hasn't left Bialya. Something else is at work here; find out what. Iris you're team leader."

"Promotion! Sweet!" Wally held his hand up for a high five.

"Me?" I stammered, "What about Aqualad?"

"Busy helping Aquaman. As second in command, you're the next logical choice."

"Right... great."

"Iris," Wally frowned, "You totally left me hanging."

Qurac
November 22, 23:56 UTC+2

"We're right above the Quraci-Bialyan border."

"A border the Bialyans are in the process of ignoring," Robin added, looking out the window to see tanks passing through.

"No opposition. I guess Harjavti really is in bed with Bialya."

"I wouldn't expect opposition here. It's an animal sanctuary."

"The Logan Animal Sanctuary?"

"You've heard of it?"

M'gann didn't answer my question.