announcement

Hi all,

I'm so sorry these updates are coming out so slow. This quarter along with work has been kicking my ass so hard, making it extremely difficult to find time to write.

In the meantime, I did want to give a heads up that I'm going to slowly be going through this book for edits. I've been thinking really hard about how to move forward with this book, especially while I'm still trying to crank out the season 4 portion of it. Ultimately, I don't think I can do that until some major changes can be made.

This of course means that the book will be unpublished and chapters will be republished as I fix them. I know it's extremely unfair for readers who are still in the middle of the book, but please bear with me, and understand that it's for the betterment of this story that's been in the making for three years now.

Anyway, I wanted to give a bit of a preview as to what aspects of the book might be changing in the coming months:

1. POV

This book has continuously written in first person, switching between characters throughout the story. I don't want to do that anymore, as I feel it makes the reader distant from their protagonist. So, from now on this book is going to be strictly first person per chapter. This means that if the chapter starts in one particular perspective that won't change for the entirety of the chapter.

I think this way will prevent the disconnect while still allowing the characters to feel present as you're reading.

2. Iris' powers

It's so tempting to make her great at everything, and objectively that's what I've done as the author. She's persistently demonstrated a few major flaws as a character, but in my opinion, she's unrealistically good at too many things without proper reason.

I want to dial it back in order to make her more accessible as a character, which means making her bad at a few things, and also requiring her to train and learn in certain skills, rather than being incredible at them from the start, or have a bunch of cool powers right from the beginning.

3. the transition between season 2 to season 3

This is probably the largest change I'm making to this book. The ending of season 2 is going to be changed, which affects how the story will carry on by season 3. For those of you who have already read the book, no this does not change what actually happens during season 3, moreso what happens before.

Because of this change, the chapters for season 3 and 4 will most likely be published into a sequel book which can be found on my account once the time calls for it.

As of right now, those are the changes you can expect in the coming months. Keep in mind that they're all tentative and subject to change.

I really hope you guys understand, but more than that I hope you can continue to enjoy the book and Iris herself!

Stay whelmed,
Bevs <3