25. as many as we can

hello everyone, just a note before the chapter gets started: All existing season 1 art has been uploaded into each chapter. I also posted an "S1 Gallery" which you can find after chapter 22. Art for season 2 will slowly begin to come out as well, and I'll continue to post little notes like these to keep you updated.
happy reading.

Mount Justice THREE YEARS EARLIER

Mount Justice
THREE YEARS EARLIER

My back was against the rock of the cave, just next to the hall.

They were sparring... again. Jason fought very angrily, always trying to seize control of the fight but never gaining it. Without much effort, Nightwing threw him down to the floor.

"Robin: Status Fail," appeared on the floor for the hundredth time.

As always, Dick held a hand out for Jason that he didn't take. He got to his feet alone and trudged over to let the rest continue training. And despite his efforts to be discreet, I could see him rubbing his shoulder in discomfort.

"You all right?" I stopped him before he could walk out.

He still held his shoulder, huffing, "Fine."

"Really? Because you've been rubbing that shoulder for two weeks now."

"It's fine."

I actually enjoyed the stubbornness. "Come here."

He tried to back away from my hands, "What're you doing?"

"Helping, idiot." I grabbed him before he could run away. A little spark of purple popped from my fingertips, as I tried a new trick I'd picked up in Themyscira. Taking time away, actually showed me so many things I could do with my powers. In a split second, without tipping Jason off that I'd tapped into his body, I felt what was wrong. "This is going to sting at first, so be ready, okay?"

"Okay?"

"On three. One," I jerked his shoulder upward as a large crack sounded.

"Ah!" he groaned. "What happened to two and three?"

"Better?"

He rolled it around, trying to hide his surprise. "Yeah, actually. How'd you do that?"

"Magic, alien, orphan stuff," I mocked before advising him, "You know you could beat him if you'd just calm down."

"You sure you should be helping me beat your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Really? Because I heard that he spent last night in your room."

He ran away from Zatanna, or whoever else; gave me the "I miss you," speech. "That was a mistake."

Jason leaned into the wall, with a smirk on his face. "That bad, huh?"