4. girl wonder

Mount Justice August 3, 13:06 EDT

Mount Justice
August 3, 13:06 EDT

    "Come on, we're just hanging out," Robin dragged me by the arm.

    "Robin, I am tired."

    "This will wake you up, trust me." He pulled me towards the rest of the group, all surrounding some kind of table. "We just downloaded it to the cave computer, watch."

    Kaldur and Wally stood at each end, holding paddles projecting from the table's surface. They kept passing a disk back and forth until it fell into the slots they tried to cover.

    "Iris' got winner," Robing announced.

    "I have got what?"

    "I've. And I mean you're going to play next."

    "But I do not know—"

    "Iris, you'll learn."

    I stopped arguing, nervously waiting for my turn. Eventually Kaldur did lose to Wally, and Robin pushed me forward.

    "Here." Robin grabbed my hand, placing it above the table's surface. Beneath my palm one of the paddles appeared. "You want to hit the puck, just go like this." He guided my hand forward, as the table buzzed beneath the paddle. For a moment, I watched him helping me rather than our hands, but he faced me, "Don't look at me, look at the table."

    "Sorry."

    Wally hit the "puck" to us slowly, so Robin could show me how to play. After a few tries, he let me go.

    "Now, I'm just warning you Iris," Wally spoke through a mouthful of banana, "I'm not gonna go easy on you just because you're a girl."

    Wally hit the puck forward, and I hit it back slowly. Then, the next time he hit it back, I swiped my hand left and the puck bounced off the table's side before falling into Wally's end. "That is a point, right?"

    "That's," Robin corrected me, before he began to laugh, "And yeah, it is."

    Wally seemed confused. "Lucky shot."

    He hit the puck forward again, and I swiped right this time, watching the puck bounce back and forth before sliding into his end.

    "What?!" Wally cried.

    "Lucky shot, huh?" Robin scoffed.

    Eight points later, Wally was claiming, "That's impossible! You're using some Mayilean Jedi mind trick, or something."

    "What is a Jedi?"

    "Recognized: Superboy B-05."

    M'gann ran from the group. "Hi, Superboy! How was Metropolis?"