Chapter - 20

She tossed and turned unable to catch a wink of sleep that night. She sat recapping all the precious moments she had spent with him- From the first day in the store room, the night when she had got drunk and had been tended to by him, the numerous dance practices, the time when she had fallen sick and taken care by him, their romantic rain hug, their passionate encounter under the couple's bed upto the previous night when he had protectively saved her from the goons. She smiled as she recollected those invaluable nostalgic moments while tears steamed their way down. "You have to forget him Avni. He is in love with another woman. He can never be yours. Memories are what you will take with you at the end of all this" she said to herself until her mind tried very hard to register this fact. He had changed her into a much more mature and selfless Avni. She straightened up, composed herself and strongly resolved to carry out her last plan of action. This time the intention was vivid- She wanted to do it not to reclaim her old love, but to see her new love elated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Avni was up early. She was struggling with her parathas. No doubt she generally was an expert at making them, but currently her mind was clouded with thoughts of Neil. She had the dough scattered in a bowl, lost in thought attempting to get the perfect texture . Neil caught the amusing sight of her struggling with the dough with a small portion spread to a few strands of her hair. He beamed on seeing her state and walked behind and spoke startling her. "What's cooking? Are you planning to make parathas to rejoice our victory of yesterday?" asked Neil. Avni who was taken aback by his sudden advance and now facing him, contained her disappointment on her face trying not to reveal much to him. She wanted to prepare a special breakfast for him, but he had to associate everything with his mission- She mentally chided him. "Well yes, I just thought that I should make parathas today for a change. I do remember you had made dosas for me a few days ago" she said half-smiling. "Wow I'm in for a treat today! Do you need any help?" he offered. "I'm fine. I shall manage by myself" she lied. She knew she was struggling with the dough since the past half hour, but of course she couldn't ask him for his help. "Okay fine" said Neil and advanced to make a cup of tea for both. She noticed that he was around and would be aware of what she's doing. "Neil I shall make tea for both of us and get it. You go ahead and be seated near the dining table" she said to ensure he gets out of there before he realizes that she really did need his help. "Absolutely not. It's okay. You are making something I really enjoy having. This is the least I can do to help around a bit" he said, sensing that she needed his help and would never ask for it. He was trying to make it difficult for her by observing her, by staying around in the kitchen. Her mind went into a slight panic mode. She was mixing the dough and in a tense moment added more water than required. The dough now became pasty and too watery. He switched off the brewing tea, covered it with a lid and walked over and stood behind her. He held her hand firmly and she turned to look up at him. "Please let me assist you with this" he requested. She turned with her back facing him while he stood behind her. He scooped out some flour and added it to the dough mixture. She began to knead it, while he added some more flour. His hands were beside hers, helping her. Every time their fingers touched, she closed her eyes. Slowly their hands interlaced and that was when the duo began to lose control. He peered over her shoulder and held her soft fingers in his and continued to press around the flour. His touch sent shivers down her spine and her heart was pounding against her chest. She knew this was going elsewhere, but she didn't want it to stop. Attracted by her sweet feminine scent, he rested his chin over her shoulder as he continued to squeeze her soft hands more than the dough. She closed her eyes and her breathing was now erratic as his nose began to touch her cheeks softly and slowly began descending down her delicate neckline. They were lost in each other, completely oblivious of the world around them. He slowly placed his lips on her neck, closing his eyes and planted a soft passionate kiss while his fingers held onto hers tightly in a clasp, leading her to gasp. "Neil" she whimpered out his name. And that was when they both realized the awkward position they were in. He slowly opened his eyes and moved his lips away which was dangerously close to her sensitive neck. He slowly tried to disentangle his hand which had been conjoined with hers. They struggled for a few seconds thanks to the sticky dough that had coalesced their hands together. He took one look at her flushed face, mouthed an apology and hurried away from there. Meanwhile Avni's heart was still beating hard refusing to decelerate. As he washed his hands trying to get rid of the dough, he mentally snacked himself for having lost control. "What is wrong with me? Why does this always happen around her? Why is it so difficult to not lose myself around her? Am I in love with her? She didn't resist my advances. Is there more to this or am I overthinking?" -many such questions loomed around in his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After almost an hour, they sat down to eat. An awkward silence prevailed between them as they ate. "This is really very good. Thank You for making this" said Neil trying to lighten up the atmosphere. "It's really nothing. In fact, I should be the one thanking you for helping me out...." she said trying to hold back her blush on recollecting what had chanced between them a while ago. Neil tried to apologize again by breaching the subject up, to which Avni said "Do not worry so much Neil. I am not going to judge you nor misunderstand you in anyway. I also wanted to thank you for giving me that note. That would be so helpful for carrying out my next plan of action. Speaking of which, I will definitely need your help". He was more than disappointed to see how she brushed away the topic involving them and chose to focus on her plan. "She certainly doesn't care about you. She is in love with someone else. Stop diverting your mind on such silly thoughts and focus and most importantly help her out first" he reprimanded himself mentally. "Yes, I would be more than happy to help you Avni" he replied, though internally he was a tad bit broken and disappointed. "I will need your help to get Vidyut at a place tomorrow. I haven't yet decided about the venue, but I will let you know soon. You have to somehow lure him to that place and I guess after that if things go as per my plan, the couple will be history in no time!" she said smirking. He certainly did not know what she was upto, but it seemed like she was very confident that it would work perfectly. After having had their breakfast, the couple marched off in opposite directions, both troubled with painful thoughts. Subconsciously, both were confused about their feelings and did not want to confess to the other about it. Subconsciously, both did not want the final plan to work and most importantly-Both did not want to leave each other (subconsciously😉). 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dear readers😃 short update..but hoping you enjoy it😋 thank you for all the love on this story 😘 I will try to give the next update quicker.