Chapter - 9

Hello Dear Readers 🙂

Sorry it's been quite some time since the last update. I had to try hard to squeeze in some time since the last few days had been quite hectic.☹ This is probably not a long update, but I will try and get the next chapter up soon. Those who are sending across likes and comments, thank you so much. It really means a lot to me and encourages me to write better🙂 Also thank you everyone for all the love you are showering on the story ❤

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Avni and Neil sat at the dining table, having their breakfast together. They had the projector switched on and were spying on the couple who were also immersed in their meal. Juhi and Vidyut had returned from their weekend getaway, but it seemed like they had absolutely no clue that they had intruders in their house the previous night. "Juhi we have to attend a party this evening. It is being hosted by my colleagues. They want to celebrate our union. So please be ready by 7:00 PM sharp.", said Vidyut. "Oh Wow! That is so kind of your colleagues. This sounds like fun and I am excited to meet all of them. What shall I wear? The blue Anarkali dress or the red sari?" chirped an excited Juhi. "If I had to choose, I would love to see you in the blue dress. Also please make sure you get my black suit ironed from the laundromat. I would like to wear that for the evening.", replied Vidyut. "Yes Sir. Your wish is my command honey. I will be heading out to the mall for a while to pick up some stuff I need. Once I am back, I will get it ironed, so that it will be ready for you by evening.", said Juhi, while Vidyut pulled her closer to him and nuzzled his nose against hers. They continued to romance each other at the dining table, exchanging small kisses, while they fed each other, which was almost a daily ritual for them. Neil and Avni were not too pleased with the scene playing in front of them. "Does that Vidyut of yours have no other work at all? Romancing even while having breakfast. Arrghh.", scoffed Neil facepalming, being highly irritated. "Excuse me! Your Juhi is no less either. She seems to have no other work and is always ready to make out. She has absolutely no sense of timing or place ever. Ewwww.", an annoyed Avni yelled back. He stared at her for few seconds vexed and then said, "Please switch off that bloody projector before I absolutely lose it. I can't watch it anymore. Witnessing this nonsense, I feel that it won't be very long before I lose my sanity and self-control and end up doing something..". Avni looked at him her eyes and mouth agape, shocked by whatever he had to say. Realizing what his words might have implicated to her, he slowly raised his eyes to meet hers. Her eyes bore a shocked awestruck expression. She slowly pulled her shrug closer to her arms, covering herself with it. He understood what she was thinking, but he continued to stare at her, as though implying that he had no regrets whatsoever with his last words. Finally she reluctantly broke the eye-lock by looking away from him, "Listen, I did not mean..I mean it's not what you think Avni.." he said stammering. She turned off the projector and walked straight out of the hall to her room, without saying a word or facing him, as he looked at her retreating figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vidyut drove for his work, meanwhile Juhi headed out to the mall. Neil thought that it's the perfect opportunity to seize, and he entered the house stealthily. Avni closely followed him behind. Once inside the house, he walked straight to where Vidyut' s wardrobe was. He pulled out the black suit which Juhi had placed in plain sight earlier, and laid it on the bed. He removed a can from his bag and sprayed the contents of it at each and every corner of the suit. Avni who was observing his actions him from behind the door, now walked in and confronted him. "Neil. What the hell are you up to? What is this that you are spraying all over his suit?" asked Avni worried. Neil placed the suit back in the wardrobe, closed it and turned towards her. He walked slowly towards her and softly patted her cheek as he said "Be patient my darling. Just wait and watch. We shall have the most entertaining show this evening." "I am not you darling. Don't call me that" she yelled back annoyed pointing a finger at him. He grabbed the tip of her finger, pecked it softly, and walked out, but not before winking at her. Her eyes widened at his audacity. She stomped her foot in anger and then walked back towards the dresser in the room. She noticed a perfume lying on the table. She removed another bottle of perfume which resembled the one lying on the dresser. She switched the two bottles and thrust the original inside her bag. Meanwhile Neil who had gone for a quick scan of the house, returned back to the room. He saw her hurriedly placing something inside her bag as he walked in. He slowly crept up from behind her. "And just what are you up to?" he asked out of curiosity folding his arms. She was startled by his sudden entry and turned around immediately as she held onto her bag. On realizing it was him, she heaved a sigh of relief, walked closer to him and said, "Well.. that's none of your business. You made your move. Now let me make mine. This evening sure is going to be fun!", she replied with a sly smirk on her face. They both then sneaked out and returned back to their apartment. Meanwhile Juhi who had now returned from the mall, went to get Vidyut's suit ready. After receiving it from the laundromat, she got dressed up for the party. Vidyut arrived home by 6:00 PM and proceeded to get ready too. He walked towards Juhi who was now dressed in the blue Anarkali, and held her from behind. "You are looking so stunning. I don't even feel like going to that party now. We can have our own party here.", he said huskily as he held her tightly. Juhi blushed and said "Well..That's a good proposition Mr. Vidyut but I'm afraid I'll have to reject it. Wish we could do that honey, but your colleagues have specially arranged this party for us. We obviously can't disappoint them. We have to go.." "Ughh..I hate it when you're right. Okay let's leave. They might be expecting us anytime now.", replied Vidyut as he reluctantly let go off her. Neil who was sipping on his tea almost choked, listening to their bedroom conversation. As they walked out to the hall, they finally caught sight of them on the projector. Both Avni and Neil looked dreamily at their respective partners. 'How beautiful does Juhi look' thought Neil to himself. 'My Vidyut looks no less than a Greek God in that suit. Sigh how handsome.' thought Avni. They saw the couple drive away. After a few minutes, Neil and Avni entered the house again. They both had some unfinished business to complete. They had specially devised some notorious plans to ensure that they ruined the couple's evening. After winding up with their individual tasks, they retired back to their house. All that they had to do now was wait for the couple to return back, sit back and enjoy the fun.